Jump to content

DC and the Season Ticket Saga


Recommended Posts

Poor old Dejphon, eh?

 

He tries to do something nice for us customers and we throw it back in his face like the ungrateful sods that we are.

 

When will we start to recognise all that he's done for our club?

 

🙄

 

Seriously though, Holt makes a good point regarding the need for a PR advisor, but for me the key point is that Chansiri was told by others at the club what the reaction reaction would be, yet he ploughed on regardless.

 

And then I ask myself why...is he oblivious to their advice and believes he has a better understanding of the fanbase, or is there a part of him which actually wants to stoke supporters' ire so that he can play the wounded victim in the press again?

 

Because there's a definite pattern emerging here...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Poor old Dejphon, eh?

 

He tries to do something nice for us customers and we throw it back in his face like the ungrateful sods that we are.

 

When will we start to recognise all that he's done for our club?

 

🙄

 

Seriously though, Holt makes a good point regarding the need for a PR advisor, but for me the key point is that Chansiri was told by others at the club what the reaction reaction would be, yet he ploughed on regardless.

 

And then I ask myself why...is he oblivious to their advice and believes he has a better understanding of the fanbase, or is there a part of him which actually wants to stoke supporters' ire so that he can play the wounded victim in the press again?

 

Because there's a definite pattern emerging here...

Its more or less "blaming the fans" in a roundabout sort of way...again

He can't justify a bloody price rise in this sodding division, whether we "Look like going up or not"

IF..He was "rewarding" loyal supporters he would do something about the "Loyal" supporters that are complaining about it!

Nah, he's doing it for himself "Loyal" supporters are simply a get out excuse

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You could spin this in that he’s giving people who can afford it the opportunity to buy early, and cheaper. Not everyone lives hand to mouth, and for some this will be a drop in the ocean.  
 

One bit of information missing in all this is the date at which if you don’t renew, you lose your seat. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

You could spin this in that he’s giving people who can afford it the opportunity to buy early, and cheaper. Not everyone lives hand to mouth, and for some this will be a drop in the ocean.  

 

What about the 'loyal fans' he's so keen to reward who won't be in a position to buy season tickets at four days' notice a few weeks before Christmas?

 

Or is it just the wealthier 'loyal fans' he wants to reward?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

What about the 'loyal fans' he's so keen to reward who won't be in a position to buy season tickets at four days' notice a few weeks before Christmas?

 

Or is it just the wealthier 'loyal fans' he wants to reward?

I’m not defending him, but you don’t have to buy. Suppose you could argue he’s giving people the choice. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Tbh, putting aside the hullabaloo, what with the credit on the account and the prices, I’d be daft not to renew. I’m having one anyway, so why not. It’s a PR own goal, but I can probably save c£100 all in. 

Point is mate....Its a bit wasted on you and me anyhow..We are gonna renew

Its not the current "Loyal" fans we need to attract, its the ones that have gone AWOL and the new ones that need the incentive

We've f.ookin' more or less had it lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Point is mate....Its a bit wasted on you and me anyhow..We are gonna renew

Its not the current "Loyal" fans we need to attract, its the ones that have gone AWOL and the new ones that need the incentive

We've f.ookin' more or less had it lol

I think the fundamental bit some people are missing is that he isn’t saying renew now, or else lose your seat. We’ve got 13,000 that would renew if we were playing in the North East counties league. The spin on this is that he wants money through the door and those 13,000 have the opportunity to buy at a cheaper price. It’s one of those glass half full/empty conundrums. 
 

I do think it’s one of those DC initiatives that’s got shot down because it’s from DC. If he offered free beer at the match people would complain at the plastic glasses. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m buying….but I do think this is a shtshow and the man is a tw4t. I just don’t understand why he could not have gone with the usual format with finance in place from the off?? What’s this guff about the necessity to increase the prices in the early New Year if we are playing well…..what the fk is the relevance of that???? He’s fkn mad. UTO.
 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, vulva said:

I think the fundamental bit some people are missing is that he isn’t saying renew now, or else lose your seat. We’ve got 13,000 that would renew if we were playing in the North East counties league. The spin on this is that he wants money through the door and those 13,000 have the opportunity to buy at a cheaper price. It’s one of those glass half full/empty conundrums. 
 

I do think it’s one of those DC initiatives that’s got shot down because it’s from DC. If he offered free beer at the match people would complain at the plastic glasses. 

Its the way the "Initiative" has been presented outta the blue..its like a dctat mate...Why not throw it out earlier, test the water?

It looks desperate, you already have worries over cash flow, players wages and another points deduction

after last year, its bound to looked at with a jaundiced eye

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MrsHall said:

I’m buying….but I do think this is a shtshow and the man is a tw4t. I just don’t understand why he could not have gone with the usual format with finance in place from the off?? What’s this guff about the necessity to increase the prices in the early New Year if we are playing well…..what the fk is the relevance of that???? He’s fkn mad. UTO.
 

 

Oh if he's gonna charge as we play, like a price per performance..

I'm owed a reight f.ookin' refund on a countback to the sodding 70's!

  • Love 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

I’m not defending him, but you don’t have to buy. Suppose you could argue he’s giving people the choice. 

 

He's giving those who can afford it at four days' notice in the run-up to Christmas the choice, yes.

 

And if not, best hope we're not doing too well in the new year, otherwise he's sticking the prices up.

 

If he really wants to reward the 'loyal fans', there are plenty of better ways than this latest scheme.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...