Will you be buying a season ticket?

Will you be buying a season ticket?  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying a season ticket?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

17 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Will not be buying one in December but undecided after that.

Don't feel like raiding my savings after it took my 15 months to get a refund on 19/20 season ticket.

If the club has cash-flow problems then they should not do risible things like give crock / big time Charlie  Sam Hutchinson a 2 year contract extension 

its a 1 year deal , and he wouldnt be a crock if darren moore didnt put him into midfield . didnt miss a game since january when played in defence. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, vulva said:

Yes because I support the club. If decision were made on the quality of players, chairman and manager, I’d have packed in 40 years ago.

The club is in a right old pickle, and are making some very poor decisions, but, and it’s a big but, it’s football and I tend to mad big decisions and worry about stuff that really matters. I ‘get’ that people get emotionally attached to the club, but just take a step back and enjoy the ride. 

100%

12 hours ago, Mystic Neg said:

Will not consider buying a season ticket until Chansiri has gone

why who do you want in place? mel morris? owen oyston sisco i could go on and on . the club has been in a financial state since chansiri thought it was wise to allow paxio and  carlos to put this club into serious debt he made a very stupid error but apart from the timing of this season ticket sale he has mostly made good decisions lately . its quite clear as with very little income coming in that the club needs money now . but even a 6 year old wouldnt have 3 different prices before xmas . id have put it on offer at the 1st price with a voucher for £20 credit spendable later in the season and had it for sale till xmas eve . then back on sale later in feb till end march . i can afford it now because i dont blow my lifesavings on xmas like some do . but there should defo be a credit option for the people what aint got hundreds up front available now . the timing is very stupid but its clear money is needed now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, morganowl said:

why who do you want in place? mel morris? owen oyston sisco i could go on and on . the club has been in a financial state since chansiri thought it was wise to allow paxio and  carlos to put this club into serious debt he made a very stupid error but apart from the timing of this season ticket sale he has mostly made good decisions lately . its quite clear as with very little income coming in that the club needs money now . but even a 6 year old wouldnt have 3 different prices before xmas . id have put it on offer at the 1st price with a voucher for £20 credit spendable later in the season and had it for sale till xmas eve . then back on sale later in feb till end march . i can afford it now because i dont blow my lifesavings on xmas like some do . but there should defo be a credit option for the people what aint got hundreds up front available now . the timing is very stupid but its clear money is needed now. 

He should just say that and bloody front up to supporters then.

The reason he won't is because he can't bring himself to admit a mistake, which is a bloody flaw thats gonna keep costing ALL of us

• Like 3

5 hours ago, morganowl said:

Personally, I think he's ruined the club. We are in a far worse position than when he took over.

Why do you think we need money now? Because DC made a reyt old mess of the club that's why. It is all on him.

Perhaps I'm not cut out to be a modern football fan, our identity has gone out of the window and we are at the mercy of a man that still knows Jack about running a football club.

Mostly made good decisions? I'd say it's more that he hasn't made an absolute shocker for a few months, rather than suddenly shown the type of leadership a fine club like ours deserves.

His 'product' is not my Sheffield Wednesday.

• Like 3

Timing int great but yes I'll get one. 

I suppose if they went on sale in New Year like they normally do some fans would be complaining about timing like they've done in past saying "just after Christmas where am I going to find money? 

Now that they're available on finance this should help some fans as first payment won't be due till January. 

• Like 1

Just now, bradowl said:

Of course they would, if they went on sale on say 21st January they would be loads complaining that it's just after Christmas. 

You're too sensitive mate
A couple of people might yes - but that's not the majority of fans

The majority of fans (rightly) kicked off about this latest ridiculous pre-christmas cash grab and well done to them as it's forced the club to do a partial u-turn and almost right the wrong

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Mystic Neg said:

Personally, I think he's ruined the club. We are in a far worse position than when he took over.

Why do you think we need money now? Because DC made a reyt old mess of the club that's why. It is all on him.

Perhaps I'm not cut out to be a modern football fan, our identity has gone out of the window and we are at the mercy of a man that still knows Jack about running a football club.

Mostly made good decisions? I'd say it's more that he hasn't made an absolute shocker for a few months, rather than suddenly shown the type of leadership a fine club like ours deserves.

His 'product' is not my Sheffield Wednesday.

sadly there are probably 20 owners in england worse than ours . and how many buy a cub promise the world and have empty pockets? we are losing so much money a month if chansiri left we are finished . that sadly is the state of things here and at most other clubs. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, morganowl said:

sadly there are probably 20 owners in england worse than ours . and how many buy a cub promise the world and have empty pockets? we are losing so much money a month if chansiri left we are finished . that sadly is the state of things here and at most other clubs. 

Understand your point but I simply don't want to invest in something that I struggle to believe in. There is no strategic direction, there may not be with a different owner either but DC completely lost me when he said at a forum, that you cannot have a strategic plan in football. Ironically, most of the categorical disasters he's caused are due to the absence of one.

The next owner may be worse but at least there's a fair chance they might be better. It's got to the stage where I'd take that risk 10 times out of 10, the Wednesday Chansiri has created isn't worth saving or paying for to watch the massacre happen, IMO. Acveo others might be different.

I believe that the longer you make excuses for someone that is so clearly incompetent it is tantamount to accepting failure. I want this club to go places again but it will only go one way under DC as he has proved year on year.

• Like 1

No. 

Had one for 20+ years, but can no longer afford it. Not getting my 19/20 refund was a real kick in the teeth for me.

Will go to cheap cup games and U23 games for my Hillsborough fix. Earlier in season I stood outside the ground for half an hour of a game just to hear the crowd. Not the same but buzzing to hear the Kop roar when we scored