Will you be buying a season ticket?

Will you be buying a season ticket?  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying a season ticket?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

This is a shame and another PR own goal. The PR from the club is the most significant issue I have had for some time - unnecessary and ill conceived. If we were given an explanation as to why the early bird tickets were being offered now and the implications for ffp and the clubs finances, then we could choose to support by buying now instead of feeling we’re being taken for a ride. This seems Chansiri style again.

Can't justify making a purchase 8 months in advance, when it took nearly double that to get my 19-20 refund back. I will wait to see the prices in the new year, if it's anything near the suggested increase, then on principle I'm out.

If the club are desperate for the money then selling a few season tickets will only prolong the inevitable outcome.

• Like 3

As posted in another thread, I've gone for undecided.

I'm not going for the 'early bird' mainly because I'm disillusioned with lots of things that are SWFC at the moment.

For the first time in 20+ years I really don't know if I'll renew at all and just cherry pick games and POTG.

A feeling also echoed by the guys I go to games with.

Sad really.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bridge Owl said:

If the club are desperate for the money then selling a few season tickets will only prolong the inevitable outcome.

And not for very long. Are we really that strapped for cash ? 

If they’d have put them on sale now, but allowed deferred payment or 0% finance ov 6 months, , they may have had some bought as Xmas presents, but the manner in which this has been marketed is shambolic.

• Like 2

No, not going to commit to attending all the games but not just because of the latest marketing ploy by the club.

So many reasons. Refunds, Chansiri mis management leading to relegation, sale of ground, COVID.etc etc  

After more than 60 years of shelling out my cash I’ll be following the club’s fortunes from my armchair  this time around.

• Like 1

Yes

Mainly because I'm I tight and want to pay the lowest price possible.  Almost half will be funded by the credit I have with last season's refunds and I'm lucky that I have savings available.

my son however, no chance.  For a lot of people the timing is unbelievable, shocking timing and smacks of desperation by the club.

cynical me would also suggest it's a way of getting rid of all the "credit" so fans start paying for matches in the future, I follow etc. 

The short Windows is also terrible and no credit options available!

• Like 5

I support Sheffield Wednesday FC, always have always will!

The absolute joy I get from seeing mates of over 40 years every weekend is priceless.

For that alone I’ll always have one.

I also think the poll is a little skewed, it should read “will you renew” not “will you buy one” as many who’ve voted no may have no intention of buying one whatever the circumstances!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Watto said:

Don't chuffin buy one then , while ever fans like you are doing what Chansiri wants you to do then this maniac will never go away.

I don’t think it’s that simple. Think we all want him to go but who’s going to buy the club at the price he will want. Buying at this time makes it cheaper for my two  who are on low salaries so will save them money.  It’s about me and

mine, not Chansiri.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Will I buy a season ticket? Probably yes

Will I buy one in December? No

Will I be annoyed at buying one at a higher price next year? 100%

Absolute clanger from Chansiri. This is a prime case where we know it is all on him. No way would any kind of board approve this. 

• Like 1

I'm hanging on...Its only gonna cost me about £150 with the credit rolled over from covid, but as long as i retain my seat..I would rather hang on and hope that Chansiri at least gives a finance option for fans that simply can't afford to stump up at the most expensive time of the year

Its a total lack of understanding ,and what I regard as sympathy for fans who are struggling around this time of year

It also smacks to me of desperation, which is worrying

I’m not renewing this month out of principle. I will likely renew next year, as long as I’m able to keep my seat. It’ll be a bitter pill to swallow though, paying far more than I deserve to be. 

My dad isn’t either and that will likely be it for him, unless next years price is not too unreasonable. 

I kinda wish I’d asked for a refund now, given I’m still getting penalised anyway. 

Let’s hope he performs a u turn. 

Edited by bigdan2003

I really can't decide, i think its an awful play by the club and shows how a multi millionaire owner has no f in clue about the circumstances of a massive chunk of our fans.

The price is ok but i want to know what the price is going to be in February/March so i can make an informed choice about the value  buying now against waiting a couple of months, i don't want to be held to ransom three weeks before xmas with no warning.

24 minutes ago, clud17 said:

I really can't decide, i think its an awful play by the club and shows how a multi millionaire owner has no f in clue about the circumstances of a massive chunk of our fans.

The price is ok but i want to know what the price is going to be in February/March so i can make an informed choice about the value  buying now against waiting a couple of months, i don't want to be held to ransom three weeks before xmas with no warning.

I would hazard a guess that prices will start 10/20 more than the third stage of the pre Xmas fiasco.