Will you be buying a season ticket?

Will you be buying a season ticket?  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying a season ticket?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Given that my shift pattern at work has now gone back to Mon - Fri, I was  seriously considering a half season ticket, but due to the appalling timing of the early bird announcement, I’ve decided against it now. Another Public Relations Mishap by SWFC.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not in December - decision will be based purely on what is likely to be happening on the pitch next season and made later. Even if we are still in this crappy division, but finish well and are playing well then yes, but if we are mid table serving up rubbish then no. I’ll pay on the gate and choose my matches.

• Like 1

If the tickets are going to be around £415 on the Kop, as it states, when they go back on sale next year. Then I’m happy to stomach the £50 loss if it means a message is sent on behalf of those who can’t afford one right now. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, NeonLeon said:

If the tickets are going to be around £415 on the Kop, as it states, when they go back on sale next year. Then I’m happy to stomach the £50 loss if it means a message is sent on behalf of those who can’t afford one right now. 

It's a shame there's no real wealthy benefactor that could step in and pay the difference on everyone's season tickets like that to send a message

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, ANDY said:

what ??

should I not buy one because others can’t? 

Do you think it’s right for the cheapest season tickets to be available for a few days just before Christmas with virtually no notice ? . I think it stinks  if you’re ok with it  it says a lot about you. 
 I’m not saying anyone shouldn’t buy one but it still doesn’t make it right. 
 Presumably you’d still be ok if you had to pay a full year or maybe even 2 in advance.

Maybe in ten or twenty years refunds might even be paid up in full.

Definitely not buying one in December , I can easily afford it but will not throw my money about when I can use it elsewhere without feeling I'm being forced to.

I don't think we'll be promoted this season so dangling the carrot of which division we'll be in doesn't wash with me. I'll wait until around March and see if the club have backed down on their ridiculous pre Xmas buy now or else policy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Do you think it’s right for the cheapest season tickets to be available for a few days just before Christmas with virtually no notice ? . I think it stinks  if you’re ok with it  it says a lot about you. 
 Presumably you’d still be ok if you had to pay a full year or maybe even 2 in advance.

Some fans will see no wrong in anything the club does regardless of how crass it is!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, sage owl said:

no it absolutely stinks. 

Im one of Chansiri biggest critics. The timing is wrong the pricing increase is wrong. 

by buying one doesn’t mean I’m happy with what he’s done etc. it means I’m taking up the offer to guarantee my seat next season at a cheaper price than by buying at a later date. 

im pretty sure I won’t be the only one. It doesn’t mean I don’t feel for those that can’t afford it or who simply don’t want too. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, stanningtonowl said:

Buying ours on Monday but only because I’m away the rest of the week and want to get the cheapest possible option. Does worry me though if it’s a cash grab before he disappears and I lose the lot. Don’t trust him and there a reason he’s back in the country. 

Don't chuffin buy one then , while ever fans like you are doing what Chansiri wants you to do then this maniac will never go away.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ANDY said:

no it absolutely stinks. 

Im one of Chansiri biggest critics. The timing is wrong the pricing increase is wrong. 

by buying one doesn’t mean I’m happy with what he’s done etc. it means I’m taking up the offer to guarantee my seat next season at a cheaper price than by buying at a later date. 

im pretty sure I won’t be the only one. It doesn’t mean I don’t feel for those that can’t afford it or who simply don’t want too. 

That’s what I was trying to say It’s wrong just plain wrong. I also can afford to pay tomorrow but if no one did this idea would never be repeated. If lots buy on Monday why not make it November or October next year ?.

No, but only because I live too far away. 

I came close in the summer, but decided I wouldn't get to enough games. I bought a membership but not really getting much use out of that either. However, I do subscribe to ifollow for every game.

If I lived closer I would and comfortable with my current  financial  contribution to the club. The price is good, restrictive dates a bit odd, but wouldn't put me off, if not for geography.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

I definitely can’t afford one now (I can’t afford Christmas as it is) so am undecided depending on the price in Feb. But if people can afford it and want to go for it I’d be a massive hypocrite to start saying you shouldn’t, because I would if I had the money! Dot feel the need to stand in solidarity with the likes of me! Grab yersens a bargain while you can! 
This whole escapade is a total shîtshow and PR disaster. But people who are taking advantage shouldn’t feel bad.  Not buying now just puts more ££s in DC’s pockets later. Why would I be cheesed off about people who have a bit more liquidity than I do getting a good price on something?

• Like 1