Well this is awkward isn't it...

2 hours ago, snaykz said:

Wildsmith's legs were moving rapidly but he wasn't actually going anywhere. It was like watching a glitch in FIFA 96.

Also, I appreciate he had virtually no time to think about it, but in that situation he should have just dropped on the ball. Better to concede an indirect freekick for a backpass than watch the ball go into the net.

He didn't even need to dive on the ball, if he had run forward rather than trying to run alongside it he could have just booted it clear.

Brilliant from wildsmith.

that is a special man’s pace that is rarely deployed- only when you want to look like you are trying very hard to do something, but in reality are not.   I generally only deploy that special pace of movement when 

1.  I am in a lift , the doors are closing and someone comes to the lift door to get in. The only way they get in is if I move across the lift and push the door open button.  This will make my own lift journey slower, but it’s always important to look like you try, but ultimately fai

2. Apply same to having a seat on a full train and someone old gets on: you want to move quick to show willingness to give your seat up, but crucially you don’t want to be quickest. You want to come second - get the cudos for making the gesture, but keep your seat.

it takes great guile and practice to do it convincingly. 

well done joe .

• Haha 3

Quite simply, Wildsmith was in the middle of a nightmare. We’ve all had them for sure. 

In the nightmare, you are faced with incredible danger. All it takes to escape said danger is to simply run in the opposite direction, but no matter how hard you try your legs won’t work properly and the zombies manage to catch up with you, even though they can’t run very fast. 

If you’re fortunate, you wake up in time. 

Which is WTF Wildsmith should have done when the ball started rolling past him!

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Can't see Wildsmith in the first team ever again to be honest

Think that's the end for him now

He's bloody useless.

Last season a friend of mine watched one of our televised matches.

Camera panned to Wildsmith and my mate said the following:

"He looks like a bloke hanging around the smoking area at Corporation."

Yep.

• Haha 1

I didn’t watch the game. However, I believe Brown had a nightmare.

But… that was Wildsmith off his line IMHO. He could have and should have done much better with that back pass and his positioning was awful. Don’t understand why Brown gets such a hard time for that, sorry.