BREAKING NEWS - SWFC Season Ticket prices frozen

Guest mrbluesky

Couldn’t afford one this season for the first time since I bought my first aged 16.

Been putting a bit aside last few months to give me a chance of getting one next year - was thinking if I had around £350 by January I could manage it. 

£365 in early December is an absolute ******** take. Another year without a ST. I’ll be just going to cheap cup and U23 games ti get my fix like this season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

3-0 down to Harlepool last night, shivering in The South,staring at his name emblazoned all over the iconic North Stand last night...If 'd known they were gonna do this

I woulda been a lot bloody warmer..

I might have even jogged across the pitch for a p*ss

That would have been more than the players managed.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

The Owls are pleased to announce that Early Bird Season Ticket sales for 2022/23 will commence from the start of next week (Monday 6 December).

The offers available will give supporters the opportunity to freeze the current 2021/22 price, irrespective of the division in which Wednesday will play next season.

Should we achieve promotion to the Championship or remain in League One, the price is the same as this season, starting from just £15.87 per game on the Kop.

Our superb junior prices are also frozen with under 11s able to watch Wednesday next term for just £1 per game on the Grandstand Family Area, making an ideal Christmas present for the mini-Owl in the family.

There will be phased sales periods over the coming month and all three sale dates and prices are outlined in full below.

2022-23-early-bird-st-instagram-square-2.webp

On sale next week

For me this spanks of desperation and DC not having a pot to ******** in again.

we have 9 months until next season, don't now what league we will be in, fans have shelled enough out to watch a 3rd division team, that has taken a third of the season to play a full 90 minutes game in one go.

DC has no money is the simple answer to this, what happen in the summer, do we pay for the season after that, the early bird is getting earlier and early which tell me he has Cashflow issues.

the fans need to not take up the tickets and call his bluff, if he is skint it could be a way to force him to sell the club.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 0114 said:

If you ever want clarification of how a club treats you as a customer and not a supporter then this is it.

9 months before a season starts the club want all the money up front giving you 4 days notice & 1 week to buy at the cheapest rate. The pricing is fair for 1 week, the same ticket 10 days later is £40 more? Why?! Have one early bird & run it from Mid January until Mid Feb giving all fans plenty of time and opportunity to buy one at a fair price. 

Poor from SWFC. 

They have Mariapa longer to decide if he wanted to sign 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

For me this spanks of desperation and DC not having a pot to ******** in again.

we have 9 months until next season, don't now what league we will be in, fans have shelled enough out to watch a 3rd division team, that has taken a third of the season to play a full 90 minutes game in one go.

DC has no money is the simple answer to this, what happen in the summer, do we pay for the season after that, the early bird is getting earlier and early which tell me he has Cashflow issues.

the fans need to not take up the tickets and call his bluff, if he is skint it could be a way to force him to sell the club.

You’re probably right.

The only thing that will make this clown re-evaluate his ownership of the club will be empty stands.

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

You’re probably right.

The only thing that will make this clown re-evaluate his ownership of the club will be empty stands.

He is trading of the fans being blind stupid when it's to do with the club.

No one buys any tickets, all of a sudden no players incoming in January will be the next thing.

Call his bluff no one get a single ticket, I can guarantee he has a big tax bill or loan repayment due and needs to fans to pay it because daddy has cut the purse strings.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Not the best day to announce that, and it’s ridiculously early even for the early bird offer.

Should have waited for a resounding win even if it means waiting for a month or two.

I think the plan was to make this statement after a good win, unfortunately the players and manager didn't do their bit.

Ridiculous. I don't have that kind of cash spare 3 weeks before Xmas and I won't be the only one. I don't know if im more worried about the implications of this from a financial footing point of view, or more worried that it obviously shows we are being run by clueless individuals. Either way it's worrying to say the least. 

I won't be renewing this side of Xmas regardless. If the finance option was there I probably would have. Seems strange it's not there. 

Just now, GermanBird said:

Maybe that's a sign that they want to make some proper sigings in the January transfer window? Maybe they are only allowed ot do it with some cash on hand?

We'll still only be allowed to sign loan players or free transfers in all probability. Wouldn't mind getting one or two out to cut costs.

• Like 1

Every year he makes it earlier and earlier, every year the fans buy into.

He’s crossed the line this year for me. It’s way too early and the week by week step up is just blackmail. Disgrace really.

Hopefully they backtrack like they do every year on the early bird ‘rules’.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

clearly the club has cash flow/issue problems i guess like most clubs . but selling in december when a lot will have bankrupted themselves for xmas/black friday aint the best time. normally we do it mid feb . can complain on prices , but its a big jump once someone reaches 17 , how many 17 year olds get paid? and even if they do there on a tiny wage compared to someone at 24 . i think another age band u21 would be fairer. 

• Like 1