Footballs crap now anyway.

6 hours ago, Sheff44 said:

All is a waste if time now since Murdoch changed everything. We are a million miles from the promised land. Football has changed for the worst, big style. Capitalism rules in all walks of life unfortunately.

Yes because communism is such a success in every country it has ever been

I agree that modern football is embarassing though

6 hours ago, Sheff44 said:

All is a waste if time now since Murdoch changed everything. We are a million miles from the promised land. Football has changed for the worst, big style. Capitalism rules in all walks of life unfortunately.

I don’t think we can blame Capitalism for our woes. Germany is a Capitalist country and Football is in better shape over there. I think it’s the governance that is to blame that has allowed the huge concentration of wealth and power sit with the biggest clubs. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

I don’t think we can blame Capitalism for our woes. Germany is a Capitalist country and Football is in better shape over there. I think it’s the governance that is to blame that has allowed the huge concentration of wealth and power sit with the biggest clubs. 

agree there clubs have to have a 51% fan ownership . even in america on a different subject a lot of the transport systems are owned by the state or councils and run very cheaply not everything has be owned by 1 person . in the uk we sold everything we own the lot went in 1990s 2000s power grid,electric,gas telecons ,we own absolutely nothing , even the post office is owned by rep ireland yes seriously. 

5 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Sorry.. I have to disagree.  Capitalism is one of the major problems and in Germany it is much worse than in England. 

The English leagues are really great compared to Germany. There are severaly teams in every league who compete on the pitch and also financially.

In Germany it's just Bayern Munich. They drain the whole league and ruin the other clubs and the players. They buy the best players in the league just to put them on the bench and avoid having to play against them. 

Look at the winners of the Bundesliga within the last few years:

image.png.4c0c9628a8e80d2c48cd07f17d24f7d0.png

Horrible league caused by capitalism. Bayern Munich is winning everything because they are rich.. 

Just now, GermanBird said:

Sorry.. I have to disagree.  Capitalism is one of the major problems and in Germany it is much worse than in England. 

The English leagues are really great compared to Germany. There are severaly teams in every league who compete on the pitch and also financially.

In Germany it's just Bayern Munich. They drain the whole league and ruin the other clubs and the players. They buy the best players in the league just to put them on the bench and avoid having to play against them. 

Look at the winners of the Bundesliga within the last few years:

image.png.4c0c9628a8e80d2c48cd07f17d24f7d0.png

Horrible league caused by capitalism. Bayern Munich is winning everything because they are rich.. 

interesting stuff. We are fed a bit of a diet of ‘football is structurally superior in Germany’ narrative in the Uk. The German model of fan involvement is the one we are all supposed to be emulating. 
On the ‘Capitalism is to blame’ front I don’t think there will be much appetite to overthrow Capitalism in order to change football for the better. But Capitalism and Consumerism are certainly causing a lot of our global issues. Sadly no viable working alternative has ever been found. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

interesting stuff. We are fed a bit of a diet of ‘football is structurally superior in Germany’ narrative in the Uk. The German model of fan involvement is the one we are all supposed to be emulating. 
On the ‘Capitalism is to blame’ front I don’t think there will be much appetite to overthrow Capitalism in order to change football for the better. But Capitalism and Consumerism are certainly causing a lot of our global issues. Sadly no viable working alternative has ever been found. 

I agree with you on the general view on capitalizm, but I really hate it with regards to football

2 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

I agree with you on the general view on capitalizm, but I really hate it with regards to football

My personal view is that football clubs should be run as community assets and shouldn’t be businesses at all. But pretty much no one who has any power agrees…