The Derby saga part XXIV

ANDY

49 minutes ago, Fairy Tail Owl said:

Off topic but what were peoples experiences of the baseball ground? I've been looking at pics of it just now and its got to be one of the worst stadiums I've seen.

Went theer once and found a tenner ont stairs, spent it all on sweets 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fairy Tail Owl said:

Off topic but what were peoples experiences of the baseball ground? I've been looking at pics of it just now and its got to be one of the worst stadiums I've seen.

Tight and very compact, stands were very dated and facilities were crap, all timber proper fire hazard in the world of H&S.

To be honest I quite liked the baseball ground saw some decent games there, and the legendary mud bath pitch was a real test of skill and stamina, saw a few reputations go up in smoke due to under hit passes!

2 hours ago, Fairy Tail Owl said:

Went there a few times. Away fans had to walk up a side st totally separated from home fans. The place was falling to bits back in the 80's.

On 28/01/2022 at 22:38, S36 OWL said:

Went there a few times. Away fans had to walk up a side st totally separated from home fans. The place was falling to bits back in the 80's.

At one time, they had a railway station called ‘ Rams Halt ‘ close to the Ground. Apparently, The platforms are still there.

28 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

If we had shown the same fight last season as they are we'd have had fans on the pitch too. 

That goal shouldn't have stood but I doubt the ref would have had the plums to disallow it. 

Some comeback, like you say the feet were high nearly parted his forehead but ref allowed it

Guest Mcguigan
3 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Protests at the ground today. But 32k in there so they're supporting their team. 

I'm proper torn. Really want em to go down cos they should have last season which may have helped us, but them surviving would be an incredible achievement which you'd love to see. 

If they hadn’t had the 21 point deduction and finished on 64 points, pretty much mid table in a poor Championship. Would you think it was an incredible achievement?

1 minute ago, Mcguigan said:

If they hadn’t had the 21 point deduction and finished on 64 points, pretty much mid table in a poor Championship. Would you think it was an incredible achievement?

Yes.

Before a ball was kicked and, any points were deducted, Derby were favourites for the drop.

They didn’t have a squad until the last week of pre-season. Their own fault granted but, that doesn’t take away from the infield achievements.

On 28/01/2022 at 20:19, Fairy Tail Owl said:

Only saw us win there once, but that win did include Harkes' Mulletted Rocket :biggrin:

I was mocked at the time for saying it at the very start, but I'll say it again - they'll survive. Nowhere near the worst team in the Championship, and whether it's Rooney performing some sort of miracle or the no pressure making them play with freedom, but whatever it is it's working

Don't want them bust, but definitely want them down

1 minute ago, smhouston said:

I was mocked at the time for saying it at the very start, but I'll say it again - they'll survive. Nowhere near the worst team in the Championship, and whether it's Rooney performing some sort of miracle or the no pressure making them play with freedom, but whatever it is it's working

Don't want them bust, but definitely want them down

Can’t see anything other than them going bust tbh. 

I know people will think I'm mad but I think Derby are once again incredibly lucky:

1. If any other business or team had that much debt to the HMRC, they would have been liquidised ages ago - people go to jail for less.

2. The standard in the championship this year is far worse than last year so there will be 3 teams at least who will be utter rubbish, allowing them to scrape by.

3. The entitled, violin players in the media sobbing about Derby, simply because Rooney is there (who is doing a magnificent job by the way!) will be helping things fall in their favour. Where was the public outcry on this scale for Bury? Bolton? Wigan? etc.

Derby should have been relegated to League 2 or National League already by now. And as for the stay of execution/months deferral by the EFL for 'the fans mental well-being', do me a favour...

• Like 2

Derby will come out of administration smelling of roses, and will probably be back in the PL before too long - same as Leicester, Palace, Southampton and Leeds.

Meanwhile small clubs with financial issues like Bury and Macclesfield are treated like crap. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2