The Derby saga part XXIV

ANDY

1 hour ago, Birstall Owl said:

Pulis was in charge in 18-19 @ Boro, there's no way he would have beaten Leeds or Villa in the final.

Pulis was responsible for one of the worst showings I've ever seen in the play offs the previous season in 17/18.

Loses first leg at home v Villa. Goes to  Villa park and proceeds to grind out a nil nil draw :duntmatter:

• Haha 2

I know I should be bothered but cant get that fussed about Derby might be going to the wall.

Nothing really against Derby just it happens to a different club every six months or so now and you feel a buyer will step in a last moment when price is low enough to save them.

Cant really have a go too much a Derby being mismanaged when you support Wednesday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

The Boro situation is just a side show.

Whats the tax bill at?

Quick Google suggests they owe HMRC around 26 million. 

Do agree that the Boro situation is a bit of a sideshow. Think the lawsuit is utter gonads and Gibson is a helmet, but then you realise that Mel Morris is still there in the background. 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Quick Google suggests they owe HMRC around 26 million. 

Do agree that the Boro situation is a bit of a sideshow. Think the lawsuit is utter gonads and Gibson is a helmet, but then you realise that Mel Morris is still there in the background. 

will the taxman want to take a haircut on what he’s owed ?  Would set a precedence for any other business to refer to this case when their tax bill is due. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, unkastav said:

Complete scandal if the HMRC debt is cut or scrapped in any way

If Vodafone can get away with stealing £7bn from us I'm sure Derby are able to sneak a few million out of our public funds.

Yes, I'm still bitter about that.

• Like 2

How can the EFL demand a preferred bidder is made,  admin surely cant name a preferred bidder until it’s known how much Gibson is gonna settle for 

32 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

I can't help, but I do feel sorry for the Derby fans.

I was pleased with their point deduction, i am impressed with their fighting spirit, and  I just cannot immagine them just disappearing.

There is something wrong with the whole system. 

Saw that, then also saw how much he laughed and  wished us ill when they relegated us last season.

Sympathy (for him at least) lessened significantly at that point.

52 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Saw that, then also saw how much he laughed and  wished us ill when they relegated us last season.

Sympathy (for him at least) lessened significantly at that point.

oh..didn't see that bit. Thanks for pointing it out

2 hours ago, GermanBird said:

I can't help, but I do feel sorry for the Derby fans.

I was pleased with their point deduction, i am impressed with their fighting spirit, and  I just cannot immagine them just disappearing.

There is something wrong with the whole system. 

Prince Harry’s let himself go

• Like 1