The Derby saga part XXIV

ANDY

If Ashley walks away from the deal Derby could be done for. Say what you want about Ashley he is a serious operator and won't want to be paying Gibson or Wycombe money. 

15 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Why are the EFL insisting Boros claim is dealt with ??   It’s a nonsense claim that hasn’t been through the courts so why do the EFL find it reasonable to hold back a takeover on the basis of Boros ‘claim’ 

I don't think EFL are stopping a takeover, they have asked Administrators for proof Derby have enough money to see out the season. It's the Administrators who deal with a potential buyer. Anybody wanting to buy the club will want to know any liabilities in future, those liabilities could scupper any deal. Does make you wonder why Gibson is making a claim? 

The unpalatable part of all this for me is that when a club is in administration and looking for a buyer, any other club could stick in a trumped up claim for something or other to delay the sale and potentially scare off buyers, it could even end up liquidating the club.

Unless they're not allowed to once a clubs in administration?

Middlesbrough really are kicking Derby while they're down, doesn't seem fair at all. 

• Like 1

Steve Gibson needs to accept his team wasn’t good enough over the season ON THE PITCH to get in the play offs that year,  who’s to say Derby would have finished any lower without spending what they spent ?   It’s all heresay and hindsight and to have a claim against the club that’s obviously putting off any potential buyer and creating a very real risk of liquidation is for me , an absolutely childish act from a man who obviously believes it’s his job to police the finances of every club in the EFL 

I don't think what Gibson is doing is right, but his point is he had agreed to players signing for Middlesborough who then turned down  the move to sign for Derby. Ok No problem, but Derby were only allowed to sign them because of their dodgy accountancy in valueing their players therefore not breaking the spending rules. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mid Wicket said:

I don't think what Gibson is doing is right, but his point is he had agreed to players signing for Middlesborough who then turned down  the move to sign for Derby. Ok No problem, but Derby were only allowed to sign them because of their dodgy accountancy in valueing their players therefore not breaking the spending rules. 

I may have remembered this incorrectly but didn’t we get pipped to Darren Ambrose by Palace with money they didn’t have. They went into administration but he scored the goals to keep them up including one at Hillsborough on the final day. Football must be littered with these kind of stories it’s a dangerous precedent if they win this. 

• Like 4

Boro & Wycombe want their claims to be classed as Preferred Creditors so they get paid out first, the difference is though HMRC, Football Family etc are owed this money by Derby County whereas the claims from the other 2 clubs are this claims. Derby haven't failed to pay these clubs.

Also didn't Gibson "sell" a large part of Boro's debt to one of his own companies.

BBC story claims Wycombe were relegated on the last day of the season, which is incorrect as they were the first and only club already down before the last day.

Also why aren't they claiming against Reading who also "cheated" FFP and took 3 points off them last season that would have kept them up, for that matter why the f**k aren't we? :laugh:

Steve Gibson of course rescued Boro from being wound up in 1986.

They were in court and 10 mins away from that fate,famously they were locked out of thier own ground.

He thought Boro were dealt a bad hand by the FA then so I see his reasoning not to want Derby to get any slack.

• Thanks 1