The Derby saga part XXIV

ANDY

1 hour ago, darra said:

Ashley has history of spending as little as possible at a club. He was quite happy for Newcastle to finish 4th bottom every season. That's arguably what turned the fans against him in the end. If he does buy Derby he might get them promoted but if history repeats itself that'll be the end of it. No dreams of European football for the fans unless they get lucky.

possible liquidation vs someone with a proven track record of getting a club into the premiership then running it relatively sustainably ... derby fans should snap ashleys hand off ... and rightly so 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, darra said:

Ashley has history of spending as little as possible at a club. He was quite happy for Newcastle to finish 4th bottom every season. That's arguably what turned the fans against him in the end. If he does buy Derby he might get them promoted but if history repeats itself that'll be the end of it. No dreams of European football for the fans unless they get lucky.

unlike us, who only have dreams of getting promoted to the championship, 4th bottom in the PL, financial security, who wants to dream of that?

6 hours ago, the third man said:

unlike us, who only have dreams of getting promoted to the championship, 4th bottom in the PL, financial security, who wants to dream of that?

I would happily accept Ashley here. I think we are in extreme danger of becoming extinct and any solvent businessman who rescues us would be welcomed by me.

9 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

possible liquidation vs someone with a proven track record of getting a club into the premiership then running it relatively sustainably ... derby fans should snap ashleys hand off ... and rightly so 

8 hours ago, the third man said:

I'd have Ashley here. My point was that any club he takes over the fans shouldn't get too giddy thinking of European trips and cups.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, darra said:

No European football is not an issue for them currently! Be like a spotty virgin turning down a promise with a plain Jane as she’s not a 9/10.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

If the figures banded about are correct and they owe £70m+, who is Ashley expecting to take the £20m haircut?

I doubt it’ll be HMRC, who are the other big creditors?

Read around a month ago, HMRC were owed over 80 million! and that was then.

There was talk of them owing on transfer fees from players that's even left them.

Sounds a reyt mess.

On 08/01/2022 at 10:23, darra said:

Meanwhile at S6...

• Like 1

Middlesbrough wanting £45m off Derby,  EFL will boot them out the league in 16days if not paid ?    Who on Earth is gonna pay that ?  

Steve Gibson essentially forcing Derby out of business 

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Why do Derby owe Boro that much?

Gibson demanding £45m for compo due to Derby beating them to play offs i believe, by 1pt 

Edited by Royal_D

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

But they've not been ordered to pay that have they so not sure on what grounds they can be dissolved? 

EFL told them to sort it out or face been booted from the league

3 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Middlesbrough wanting £45m off Derby,  EFL will boot them out the league in 16days if not paid ?    Who on Earth is gonna pay that ?  

Steve Gibson essentially forcing Derby out of business 

No chance

I've lived just outside Derby for about 12 years now and whilst I have great sympathy for fans and staff at the club (my in-laws are season ticket holders at Pride Park), I am getting increasingly annoyed at the Derby fans I meet and hear or read comments from. They are in an awful position I know, but they are seriously beginning to sound like the new Liverpool: everybody elses fault but their own. At the end of the day, they have cheated on a massive, massive scale and, whilst I do feel sorry for them, they are getting what they deserve. I play football with someone who currently works at the club (quite high up) and he tells me stuff that is just absurd. He predicted this happening at the start of last season as he was in the know just how dodgy and devious Mel Morris has been. He, the club and the fans got greedy, entitled, and it has bitten them big time. They to now need to take their punishment and shut up. If theyd have done this in the first place, they wouldnt have been in this mess.