The Derby saga part XXIV

ANDY

Arguably staring right down the barrell now Kirchener has pulled out? I wouldn’t be surprised if the financial claim amongst others being made against them by that well known bastion of fair play from Middlesbrough goes a long way to seeing the end of Derby as we know it?

My understanding is that there are two other interested parties and negotiations with the administrators acting for Wayne Rooneys Derby County are ongoing.

HMRC are presumably happy at the moment to sit on their hands and await developments, but, yes, if discussions fall through and these potential buyers walk away, then it looks like curtains for WRDC, I’m afraid.

Its the fans that I feel most sorry for in all this.

15 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

The backing from the fans today was outstanding as was the attitude from the team...in sharp contrast to the way we went down without a fight last season 

We'd have stayed up without a points deduction wouldn't we? And it severely hampered our ability to bring in a decent standard of target in the transfer windows... 

2 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

The backing from the fans today was outstanding as was the attitude from the team...in sharp contrast to the way we went down without a fight last season 

I think they’re different situations. We couldn’t get behind the players as we weren’t allowed in the ground! And Derby’s deduction is so severe they’re really playing without pressure. They know they’re down and so do the fans. We were never completely resigned to the drop.

18 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

The majority of last season we played behind closed doors 

• Haha 2

On 29/12/2021 at 09:44, Willie Henderson said:

I think company/club HMRC debts can be made a personal liability of directors, the HMRC certainly knows how to look after itself.

I would imagine Morris is cacking his pants.

i agree.

The minimum total debt is about £70m. Kirchner offered £60m which implies the HMRC would need to agree a reduction. I reckon Morris is also holding out and demanding something for the stadium. He had clearly angered kirchner.

at least the team are showing tremendous fight. 

I know he's not the nicest of people, to put it it politely, but at least they're saved from liquidation. I'd like to know what @raminpeace thinks.

I'm really not sure I'd like him as our owner though, although with him and DC it would be like having to choose between syphilis and leprosy.

Ashley has history of spending as little as possible at a club. He was quite happy for Newcastle to finish 4th bottom every season. That's arguably what turned the fans against him in the end. If he does buy Derby he might get them promoted but if history repeats itself that'll be the end of it. No dreams of European football for the fans unless they get lucky.