The Derby saga part XXIV

ANDY

Regardless of whether you like Derby or not, the job Rooney has done with a squad full of kids, freebies and loans amidst the backdrop of all that’s been going on in the background has been stellar.

I think he’ll go on to be a better manager than either Lampard or Gerrard who incidentally, who both I rate very highly.

• Like 2

Perhaps it turns out to be a case of cutting off my nose to spite my face given it could be another huge club to try and outmuscle in league one next season but I wanted Derby down just because it felt unjust for us to drop last season against them and for them to then avoid it this season. In fact they’d have been fine but for admin. 

Hard to see how they will do, i suspect the takeover happens. Rooney and his team have done excellently this season but also have had nothing to lose. Completely different challenge next season when expected to win.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

What date do they have to be out of administration by to avoid -15 points next season?

Not sure it matters. Whenever they come out of Admin it'll be soon enough cos the league are making it up as they go along o reckon. I'm assuming a team can't start the season in Admin, but I reckon if they tried to they'd be allowed so as not to upset the fans or create fixture chaos.