The Derby saga part XXIV

ANDY

10 hours ago, Degryse14 said:

And they'll scrape their way out of it, smelling of roses and hailed as a band of heroes with Rooney as their king. Makes me sick.

Nothing against Derby but if they do survive it'll be Rooney's manager of the year/decade/century. As soon as Southgate starts failing it'll be Rooney's obvious choice as England's manager.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skyline said:

Is it me or do they seem to be given chance after chance, deadline after deadline? 

I don't want to see any club go under, not even Derby, but it feels like the FA are just waiting for that one buyer to come in.

How many chances did Bury get?

And why are the EFL phoning them? The deadline (s) have passed, if the administrators haven't contacted them, the EFL must assume they have given up 

• Like 1

I've no idea how many chances Bury were given but I'd hope it was as many as possible to avoid them folding. Same with Derby. We'd want as many chances as we could too and there but for the grace of Waddle went we. Fortunately Milan came in and saved us but if he hadn't I'd hate to think they'd have just binned us off as soon as they could. 

I want Derby to survive as a club but I want them to go down and have to cut their cloth accordingly. I really don't like them but theres only one team I'd wish liquidation on. 

23 hours ago, Skyline said:

Is it me or do they seem to be given chance after chance, deadline after deadline? 

I don't want to see any club go under, not even Derby, but it feels like the FA are just waiting for that one buyer to come in.

How many chances did Bury get?

EFL just want to get them through to the completion of the season

They don’t want to have to try and work out how Derbys results would affect the league standings. Had enough issues with covid ppg saga

Would think decisions will be made come May

18 hours ago, Willie Henderson said:

I rang them today, got straight through, although my offer was swiftly rejected.

I think £7.50 and a bag of Haribos Tangfastics was more than generous and needn't have been met with such hostility.

Word is that Rooney prefers Starmix.

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Willie Henderson said:

I rang them today, got straight through, although my offer was swiftly rejected.

I think £7.50 and a bag of Haribos Tangfastics was more than generous and needn't have been met with such hostility.

Probably the best offer they've had.

• Haha 3

Derby fans I know don't seem worried.

They reckon they'll hobble through to finish the season then someone will buy them right after ahead of a L1 season.

EFL clearly don't want to pull the plug and the administrators are effectively bossing the whole situation now.

HMRC always the wildcard though.

2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Still think they'll give em as much time as they need. EFL deadlines are about as much use as a chocolate teapot it seems. They'll mump and moan a bit but since they became Wayne Rooneys Derby County they've got protection I reckon. 

Surely they can only carry on til the money runs out? 

On 04/03/2022 at 09:00, yeadonowl said:

EFL just want to get them through to the completion of the season

They don’t want to have to try and work out how Derbys results would affect the league standings. Had enough issues with covid ppg saga

Would think decisions will be made come May

True. Remember Portsmouth? Premier league wanted them to get through until the end of the season, not out of compassion, just to protect the brand and avoid any controversy.

If only clubs could do the decent thing and go bust in July..