Team for rest of the season

After that absolute shitshow tonight, surely a few players have played themselves out of any further appearances for our club. So what would be everyone else's team be, from 2022 when everyone returns?

For me:

Goal Peacock Farrell. Yes he makes a mistakes but he is our best keeper. 

Back 3: Iorfa, Dunkley, Hutchinson - Dunkley earned his place among these three and it will be a colossal defence when all returned. With Brennan and Palmer as replacements we are OK now.

Wing backs: Hunt and Johnson. Pretty straight forward really. Corbeanu and hopefully Mendez Laing more attacking options when and if required.

Midfield: Bannan and Luongo. Need I say more? Adeniran and Dele Bash next best 2.

Front 3: Windass, Gregory and Kamberi. Again, all 3 have earned their spots to play and we have wildcard Paterson to come on if needed. Also Corbeanu could easily do some damage from this spot.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Berahino needs to go I just don’t see what he offers it’s unbelievable the downward spiral he has gone on. What I can’t understand is how poor wing has been. He was well thought off at Rotherham he says he wants to sign permanently but on what I’ve seen there are better options about. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gregory fee said:

Berahino needs to go I just don’t see what he offers it’s unbelievable the downward spiral he has gone on. What I can’t understand is how poor wing has been. He was well thought off at Rotherham he says he wants to sign permanently but on what I’ve seen there are better options about. 

DM thought he could turn Berahino around, get him back to something like the player he was. It seems not have worked, maybe he didn't pray hard enough.

Wing came full of promise from the other side, maybe he'll come good, but he hasn't impressed yet for sure.

41 minutes ago, Willie Henderson said:

Wing came full of promise from the other side, maybe he'll come good, but he hasn't impressed yet for sure

Understatement of the season IMO, every time I've seen him he looks like he's properly broken or in massive amounts of pain - sort of limp-jogs around like he's been pulled apart by horses and put back together without any instructions. It's actually really weird to see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

Understatement of the season IMO, every time I've seen him he looks like he's properly broken or in massive amounts of pain - sort of limp-jogs around like he's been pulled apart by horses and put back together without any instructions. It's actually really weird to see.

That's an eloquent, accurate and slightly off-putting description, hat's off to you.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

After that absolute shitshow tonight, surely a few players have played themselves out of any further appearances for our club. So what would be everyone else's team be, from 2022 when everyone returns?

For me:

Goal Peacock Farrell. Yes he makes a mistakes but he is our best keeper. 

Back 3: Iorfa, Dunkley, Hutchinson - Dunkley earned his place among these three and it will be a colossal defence when all returned. With Brennan and Palmer as replacements we are OK now.

Wing backs: Hunt and Johnson. Pretty straight forward really. Corbeanu and hopefully Mendez Laing more attacking options when and if required.

Midfield: Bannan and Luongo. Need I say more? Adeniran and Dele Bash next best 2.

Front 3: Windass, Gregory and Kamberi. Again, all 3 have earned their spots to play and we have wildcard Paterson to come on if needed. Also Corbeanu could easily do some damage from this spot.

You were doing ok until you spoilt it all by mentioning the wildcard Paterson coming on.

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

BPF

Brennan Dunkley Palmer

Hunt  Bannan  Luongo  Corbeanu

Windass

Gregory    Kamberi

Hopefully get Iorfa/Hutch back fit and they can go into the back four ahead of Brennan.

Personally I only see Iorfa as right of Dunkley in a three unless he can operate to the left of Dunks in a four of which I  have my doubts.No way I'd risk shuffling our best CB around to accommodate Dom's return. 

When everyone is fit though I like your team with just Iorfa replacing Brennan. Hutch a good option when we need a bit of extra physicality on the left. No worries about Gregory slotting in there either but for me Palmer has looked our best all round option of the three this season.

FDB could maybe count himself a bit unlucky not making the starting 11 but hes a geat asset to unleash on a tiring opposition with 30 minutes to go.

I don’t think last nights performance will have a massive bearing on some players future chances here?

Moore has in the main tried to use his squad broadly this season and this has been recently forced on him more due to injuries.

There is a core of players that are probably crucial to us standing a chance of being successful which includes the likes of Bannan, Luongo, Windass, Gregory, Dunkley etc.

I think we’ll be ok but only time will tell?

Sow, Berahino, Wing, Byers and Brown should all be surplus to requirements, and moved on as soon as possible. 

Two centre backs are the absolute priority for January. They don’t even need to be all that good, as long as they know how to defend a set piece and generally stick their nut on any ball that comes near them. 

Basically just Rob Jones and Miguel Llera again. Anyone in that ‘tried and tested L1 cart-horse’ mould would be ideal for us right now. 

• Like 2