Berahino

What does this player offer ?

No pace , no strength , no movement , hardly involved all night and incredibly stays on for 90 mins , he's got to have something on Moore for him to keep playing him ..... terrible signing.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I can kind of see why Moore is persisting with this guy.

I don't agree with it, but it's not what I have most against Moore right now.

Berahino on paper has some great pedigree, but like Bannan he needs a certain quality of player around him, and it ain't happening.

Berahino needs game time to make things work, the issue is, we can't afford that whilst we are struggling.

• Like 1

Said before I think he’s just a player that had a glimpse of making it but then lived on that reputation nothing over last 4/5 years indicates he’s the player e promise once showed 

he literally reminds me career wise of Francis Jeffers 1/2 decent seasons when young then just getting decent moves on his reputation 

there’s just no cutting edge to his game 

think he will struggle at any level now as the lower leagues like this are too physical for him abs he doesn’t have that flair like a corbeanu or a windass to make anything happen 

• Like 3

Not the only one tonight though was he. You could easily insert the names of Wing, Byers Brown and Shodipo into the same sentence.

You really would think some of these fringe players would put in enough effort to to stake a claim to be in the starting eleven. Shameful.

• Like 3

Is anyone actually surprised this hasn't come off.

I'll be controversial though. I don't think in the grand scheme of things tonight, he wasn't the worst out there.

Brown, Wing, Byers, Shodipo and Sow all utter shambles tonight.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 4

Just now, Blatter said:

Not the only one tonight though was he. You could easily insert the names of Wing, Byers Brown and Shodipo into the same sentence.

You really would think some of these fringe players would put in enough effort to to stake a claim to be in the starting eleven. Shameful.

This, looking like a few misses in the transfer market, which was likely with so many coming in and too be fare ai was pleased with the idea of Wing, Byers snd Shodipo at the start of the season 

4 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Berahino on paper has some great pedigree, but like Bannan he needs a certain quality of player around him, and it ain't happening.

Berahino needs game time to make things work, the issue is, we can't afford that whilst we are struggling.

Can’t agree. If he’s that good he would adapt his game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Watto said:

What does this player offer ?

No pace , no strength , no movement , hardly involved all night and incredibly stays on for 90 mins , he's got to have something on Moore for him to keep playing him ..... terrible signing.

He is awful,along with MOST of Moores signings..

18 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Made some great runs in the first half but players far too slow to pick him out. 

Reminds me of Francis Jeffers. There’s something in there but think he needs quality around him. Not going to get that in a second string Wednesday side. 

Anyone blaming Berahino’s performances on the quality (or lack of) of those around him are as bad as him

He’s got not one ounce of desire……he’d fit in to any team up front with Bothroyd

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, brando said:

He is awful,along with MOST of Moores signings..

We signed everyone on frees or loans, not all of them were going to work out. Adeniran is a great signing. Hunt has been decent enough. Corbeanu is exception. Gregory and Kamberi look a handful.

Berahino was a risk worth taking, but he's crap.

• Like 2