Jump to content

Wednesday in print


Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, sherbornowl said:

Moving house so have to cull some of my memorabilia. Thought that Wednesday fans of a certain age would enjoy reading these.

 

 

IMG_20211125_170716_resized_20211127_100524174.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

That's some excellent stuff, whatever happened to scrap books?

 

 

Slightly disconcerted about Dad's tickle keeping Mum awake though, oo-errrr.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brilliant pics thanks you. Great to see my old mate Woody featured. Sadly no longer with us. On that night in question at Leeds I was sat with his wife Val in the stand and the lovely Leeds supporters threw beer all over us when they realised who she was. Woody and Val lived with her parents in one of the semis on the right hand side of Rivelin Valley Road where I think it is Tofts Lane meets the main.road. A great lad really bubbly and funny who returned to Chester his home town club and where he worked for Chester Council after his retirement. I have a lump in my throat as I write this. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Willie Henderson said:

 

 

That's some excellent stuff, whatever happened to scrap books?

 

 

Slightly disconcerted about Dad's tickle keeping Mum awake though, oo-errrr.

 

 

I've still got my scrap books from 91 and 93, though to be fair they're more like binders rammed full of cuttings and pull out specials as well as the odd rosette. I should hunt them out

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Austinowl said:

I've still got my scrap books from 91 and 93, though to be fair they're more like binders rammed full of cuttings and pull out specials as well as the odd rosette. I should hunt them out

You really should, I had loads of old newspaper cutting from the early 70s, sadly long gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Willie Henderson said:

You really should, I had loads of old newspaper cutting from the early 70s, sadly long gone.

Found it. It's just one big tatty binder but the first thing I saw was 3 mint condition tricky Trev's barmy army hats. Photo coming soon (the camera on my phone isn't working)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...