Jump to content

Sheffield Wednesday V Hartlepool United - PJT 2nd Rnd - OMDT


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Watto said:

Reserves? 

We had 6 on the pitch who played Saturday 

I guess the first 11 is somesthing like:

BPF, Palmer, Iorfa, Dunkley, Bannan, Luongo, Corbeano, Adeniran, Windass, Gregory, Kamberi

Today the reserves were on the pitch

Link to comment
Share on other sites

didnt see it but I'm told harrogate could've had a hat full but for wildsmith, so tonight isn't a surprise

personally couldn't give a sh*t about the pizza competition, the league is the only thing to focus on

 

however too many 0-3s get people the sack,  is that 3 or 4 now ?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Watto said:

But you'd have been bovvered if we'd got to Wembley I'll bet ?

It was the way they lost not the defeat , shambolic performance.

No I wouldn't.

Completely meaningless.

That's why hardly anyone goes to watch.

 

Shambolic yes, so what.. most will get over it after 10 mins.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, sherlyegg said:

 

Completely meaningless.

That's why hardly anyone goes to watch.

 

Shambolic yes, so what.. most will get over it after 10 mins.

 

 

it is meaningless so why not try to play with a bit of style and flair and entertain the poor sods that turned out ...to just stroll about and go thru the motions was pathetic 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

 

I really don't get this.

 

I'm not bothered about the competition or even losing for that matter. That said, I think we must always expect a level of performance to be met. I can't accept for one minute that the negativity and ineptitude around this performance will not carry over into the next league game because it almost certainly will. There were players out there tonight that should be pushing for a start in the league, the mentality was absolutely dire which tells me we've continued to sign the wrong type of player. 

 

The bold bits are almost word-for-word what I was saying on my way out (80min).

 

You can look at this as a reserve game played at 10% arsedness by a bunch of disenfranchised, demoralised second-stringers - or you can say, as I did, that about half that team might well expect to be called upon to start a few league games as the season wears on and injuries/bookings/fatigue etc continue to pile up.

 

I couldn't give a throw about the Pizza Pot but the performance was genuinely alarming, we might've made 8 changes but half of those are changes we'll porbbaly have to make again at some stage. Hartlepool were absolutely terrible, a low-mid-table L1 team would've got a cricket score tonight. Play like that just 2-3 times in the league and we'll be out of the running by February.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, steelowl said:

didnt see it but I'm told harrogate could've had a hat full but for wildsmith, so tonight isn't a surprise

personally couldn't give a sh*t about the pizza competition, the league is the only thing to focus on

 

however too many 0-3s get people the sack,  is that 3 or 4 now ?

And  from Moores interview after that game he stated he was totally happy with the performance.

The first half was the worst I’ve seen this decade.

Edited by OwlerIT2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

 

The bold bits are almost word-for-word what I was saying on my way out (80min).

 

You can look at this as a reserve game played at 10% arsedness by a bunch of disenfranchised, demoralised second-stringers - or you can say, as I did, that about half that team might well expect to be called upon to start a few league games as the season wears on and injuries/bookings/fatigue etc continue to pile up.

 

I couldn't give a throw about the Pizza Pot but the performance was genuinely alarming, we might've made 8 changes but half of those are changes we'll porbbaly have to make again at some stage. Hartlepool were absolutely terrible, a low-mid-table L1 team would've got a cricket score tonight. Play like that just 2-3 times in the league and we'll be out of the running by February.


Spot on. It was alarming and I can’t accept that we don’t carry some of the after effects of that into the next game. It was unacceptably poor on so many levels. You don’t build momentum with backup players putting out those levels of performance. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those players should have been busting a gut out there in order to try and get in the first team

 

Instead they've probably got further away from it (unless there's a major injury breakout)

 

Despite that awful result, good luck to Graeme Lee as Hartlepools new boss. One of the better players we had in an awful era from 2000 to 2005. Decent signing by Turner and had a goal in him as well from a set piece.

 

One fond memory is him playing up front under Sturrock when we had a striker shortage (think it was at home to Cardiff when we lost 3-1 and were completely outplayed) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, TommyCraig said:

I always get mine this way because the games don't load onto my membership card like they used to. If we go on the north you get em from the gate to the left of the shop. I'll be getting wrapped up tonight, last game I nearly froze to death. Have a good un. 

thanks for nothing! wish you told me there was no way of collecting my ticket. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

 

I fear Theo is going to find himself shunted back to the bench again as DM favours his new mate Mendez Laing.

 

13 hours ago, torryowl said:

on tonights performance probably deservedly so ......

 

I didn't see the match but most are saying he along with Brennan are the only ones that tried and can hold their heads up. Corbeanu is comfortably in front in the MOM poll.

 

He was the catalyst for our recent upturn in form in the league. Beginning with the Sunderland game which was his first start, he was like a breath of fresh air.

 

10 points from the 4 matches he started and 2 goals and 2 assists for him. Then he's  back on the bench for Wycombe.

 

If he goes back to being a bench warmer again like he was in the first 15 games, it won't be smart from DM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

 

 

I didn't see the match but most are saying he along with Brennan are the only ones that tried and can hold their heads up. Corbeanu is comfortably in front in the MOM poll.

 

He was the catalyst for our recent upturn in form in the league. Beginning with the Sunderland game which was his first start, he was like a breath of fresh air.

 

10 points from the 4 matches he started and 2 goals and 2 assists for him. Then he's  back on the bench for Wycombe.

 

If he goes back to being a bench warmer again like he was in the first 15 games, it won't be smart from DM.

He gets in my first eleven but needs to play better than he did last night ... he may get man of the match coz he was only awful the rest of them were totally abysmal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...