Sheffield Wednesday V Hartlepool United - PJT 2nd Rnd - OMDT

3 minutes ago, Watto said:

We made 8 changes but still had a strong team out there plus we brought bannan, hunt and windass on at half time , we lost 3-0 to Hartlepool ffs at home , doesn't matter how you butter it up it's one of the most embarrassing defeats we've ever suffered even if it is a tin pot pizza trophy.

Massive overreaction. It's a completely meaningless game.

I can think of many, many more embarrassing performances in recent times.

Honestly why does anyone care how the reserves did in a joke cup.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Such as Berahino, Brown, Wing, Sow etc should realise these are games where they can at least show what they can do, they didn't..Unless of course they can do jack

I think you've answered your own question, clearly they can do jack.

Failed experiments you could call them.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

I really don't get this.

I'm not bothered about the competition or even losing for that matter. That said, I think we must always expect a level of performance to be met. I can't accept for one minute that the negativity and ineptitude around this performance will not carry over into the next league game because it almost certainly will. There were players out there tonight that should be pushing for a start in the league, the mentality was absolutely dire which tells me we've continued to sign the wrong type of player. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Watto said:

We made 8 changes but still had a strong team out there plus we brought bannan, hunt and windass on at half time , we lost 3-0 to Hartlepool ffs at home , doesn't matter how you butter it up it's one of the most embarrassing defeats we've ever suffered even if it is a tin pot pizza trophy.

They will be for ever known as Hartlepool Ffs, and however embarrassing it is, it will not define our season.

That joy is yet to unfold.

32 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Came out with about 5 mins left

some of them shouldn't pull the shirt on again

Seriously such as Wing and Berahino are simply nicking a wage.

Passes played without looking under no pressure at all, and this was virtually from the off, Moore wats to sort it out on the training ground?

He should have been ripping into them from 10 minutes in

Good effort mate. We walked when they scored their third. Frozzen and bored stupid.

Berahino's not been a footballer for years and Wing needs an age on the ball... any pressure and he's almost guaranteed to lose it. And Jaden Brown's 'performance' tonight... stroll on..

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

I really don't get this.

I'm not bothered about the competition or even losing for that matter. That said, I think we must always expect a level of performance to be met. I can't accept for one minute that the negativity and ineptitude around this performance will not carry over into the next league game because it almost certainly will. There were players out there tonight that should be pushing for a start in the league, the mentality was absolutely dire. 

Sure it was a poor performance, I'm not defending it.

I just thought the idea that it was one of the most embarrassing defeats we have ever suffered was rather silly.

No reason why it should affect the next league game. It should just remind the players that 100% is needed every game if we want to get results. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Corbeanu the only one that deserves any credit tonight. Some absolutely pathetic performances. Wildsmith, Brown, Wing, Byers, Shodipo, Sow and Berahino where a disgrace 

I fear Theo is going to find himself shunted back to the bench again as DM favours his new mate Mendez Laing.

14 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Reserves? 

We had 6 on the pitch who played Saturday 

3 hours ago, Prutton Away said:

What is this volume of which you talk?  I heard Moore discuss the matter in an early season post match interview. 'Good volume this' and 'need more volume that'.  Intrigued I started a thread - No one replied. 

You’ve made the point yourself. It is a phrase used by DM when he wants players to get up to speed. I think it is something he must have picked up on a course  

18 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Why? No one gives a shyte...well hardly anyone.

No one noticed no one is bovvered

Soz..apart from the 4000 who turned up

But you'd have been bovvered if we'd got to Wembley I'll bet ?

It was the way they lost not the defeat , shambolic performance.