Sheffield Wednesday V Hartlepool United - PJT 2nd Rnd - OMDT

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Thing with Paterson is, he might score the odd goal off his backside, but he’s a proper sh*t footballer, like proper gash

He wont stand out tonight.  He has 9 others who are proper gash.

Hurting my eyes watching this. Sloppy play and second best. Players look mostly disinterested! 

Theo trying to create something. Berahino up top holding it up okay. Rest look poor - no threat to first 11. 

Brown is an absolute liability.
Byers looks lightweight and barely involved.

Wing has no confidence so just passes backwards mostly now. 

If we’re not bothered about the pizza cup then take Theo off and rest him. If we are then get Bannan and Windass on asap. 

• Like 3

You’d expect the players tonight - who are mainly fringe players - would be busting a gut to impress DM and show him that they’re capable of playing in the first team, but, rather worryingly, this doesn’t appear to be the case at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OriginalAlien said:

I think we have too many playing tonight who are probably feeling they're either too good to be in our 2nd team, and/or not prepared to put the effort in to change things around.

Totally unacceptable attitude when people have paid to watch it.

I still think we'll win though!

I agree with it all...

Not sure about last bit..

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Supervisor2 said:

Let’s see how serious Moore is for this competition 

Sow, Berahino, Brown Wing off

Windass, Adedoyin, Bannan, Hunt on

45mins to turn this around 

I agree that's what it would take to have a serious attempt at winning it, but I think we would be better off out of a competition like this with an injury-prone squad of dubious quality and depth.

• Like 1

Imagine being in the starting XI and seeing some of the dross that are meant to be backing you up on the bench. It's not just a lack of ability, it's the absolute appalling application and attitude of some of them. I would be horrified if some of these wasters were standing alongside me in a league game that mattered.

********. That there is the reason some of these players aren't in the first team.

Poor work rate, no desire and look like they are going through the motions. 

As for the goals, just embarrassing. For The first we had three players around their man and a GK flapping at nothing. The second was complete amateur hour. 

We've a makeshift defence, no attack (Berahino and Sow been anonymous and easily marked out of the game) and the midfield seem to have given up.

The mantra for the second half, play it ******** forwards. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

You’d expect the players tonight - who are mainly fringe players - would be busting a gut to impress DM and show him that they’re capable of playing in the first team, but, rather worryingly, this doesn’t appear to be the case at all.

Cos they all think they are premiership stars already..... Utter crap the first half. 

Just now, StudentOwl said:

Imagine being in the starting XI and seeing some of the dross that are meant to be backing you up on the bench. It's not just a lack of ability, it's the absolute appalling application and attitude of some of them. I would be horrified if some of these wasters were standing alongside me in a league game that mattered.

Yep. 

Doesn't bode well if/when we get injuries. 

These are the lads who meant to step in? 

I hear Wilder wants Wing back? Send him back. 

• Like 1