Portsmouth and Crewe, two new grounds in 4 days for me

Great day today. Tickets for Portsmouth arrived ( in the away end for once as it has gone to general sale ), and ticket bought for Crewe, very straightforward, just a simple call to their ticket office. 
Two new grounds in four days for me, ( lots of chances to go to Pompey for me but never made it ),  never claimed to be a super fan but getting close to 80 grounds now.

Hate to put a downer on it but go to 7 or 8 games a season from South Devon and haven’t seen us win for 5 seasons! Ffs 😬🙄😎

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DevonOwls said:

Great day today. Tickets for Portsmouth arrived ( in the away end for once as it has gone to general sale ), and ticket bought for Crewe, very straightforward, just a simple call to their ticket office. 
Two new grounds in four days for me, ( lots of chances to go to Pompey for me but never made it ),  never claimed to be a super fan but getting close to 80 grounds now.

Hate to put a downer on it but go to 7 or 8 games a season from South Devon and haven’t seen us win for 5 seasons! Ffs 😬🙄😎

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, DevonOwls said:

You were doing great till that last sentence 😆

The new grounds are one of the few advantages of being (back) in L1. I was stuck on 109 different grounds watching Wednesday for a few years, but added another 3 in about a month recently (Wimbledon, Cheltenham, Accrington). I haven't been to Portsmouth either but am being a part timer and giving it a miss with it being midweek and on Sky. Oxford and Fleetwood are the only other new ones for me by the end of the season. 

I've got a garbage away record, I have an uncanny knack of missing the wins and attending the rubbish, think it's something like 8 wins in the last 36 away games I've been to. I've been at 2 of the 3 league away wins this season though, missed Wigan. 

6 minutes ago, alanharper said:

The new grounds are one of the few advantages of being (back) in L1. I was stuck on 109 different grounds watching Wednesday for a few years, but added another 3 in about a month recently (Wimbledon, Cheltenham, Accrington). I haven't been to Portsmouth either but am being a part timer and giving it a miss with it being midweek and on Sky. Oxford and Fleetwood are the only other new ones for me by the end of the season. 

I've got a garbage away record, I have an uncanny knack of missing the wins and attending the rubbish, think it's something like 8 wins in the last 36 away games I've been to. I've been at 2 of the 3 league away wins this season though, missed Wigan. 

109 is some effort. 

I can’t remember the last time I saw us win away, honestly, must be boro at the end of 2019 when reach scored. 

1 hour ago, DevonOwls said:

That's the kind of run Wednesday love to end for others

But you're a fan so there's probably no chance

:duntmatter:

Went to Crewe a few times in early 00s, think we played em twice in cup along with the league games we had there. 

Decent pub crawl on Nantwich Road near ground if they're still open. Corner Bar, Royal Hotel, Cheshire Inn, The Brunswick, The Beer Dock and Borough Arms which is on Earl Street just off Nantwich Road.  And if these aren't enough town center isn't that far away. 

27 minutes ago, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

Unfortunately not, had a ticket then had to work last minute. I’m hoping both Portsmouth and Crewe next week are wins as they’re my next 2. 

27 minutes ago, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

Unfortunately not, had a ticket then had to work last minute. I’m hoping both Portsmouth and Crewe next week are wins as they’re my next 2. 

Don’t fancy us at Pompey but if we don’t beat Crewe we might as well pack it in

Went to Crewe for a pre season friendly around '78

Went to the infamous Pompey game when it p!ssed it down all day and the football special broke down.

Plod put us on Pompey Kop as it had a roof after the game much to the natives displeasure. 

Soaking wet through 5 hours late we limped back home in the early hours.

Won though! Megson screamer from 30 yards.