My apologies to Darren Moore

All I want is to be able to watch football matches with a reasonable chance that I will be entertained. At the moment I am entertained so am happy. My view has always been a top six finish is a reasonable level of expectation after all the changes we’ve made. But more than anything I just want to see us attacking, passing it about and scoring goals. So right now I’m happy enough and expect us to be sat in top six in Jan. 

As for people who want to say they though DM was a liability but now think he’s good then fair enough. It’s refreshing to see people change their mind!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, striker said:

I'm not sure I need to apologise to Moore, always wanted him to do well but did doubt his ability to succeed based on what I saw on the pitch. 

I'm not going to get carried away, we had 4 good games at the start of the season and the last 5 have been good, but that's only 9 out of 20 games.

However, you are only as good as your last game,.so they say, and would be delighted if we continue our good form and the bad spell we had looks like a blip come the end of the season. 

The one thing I would say is that we are starting to look like a team, we have a rythm about our play. Something I wasn't sure Moore would deliver, maybe injuries have helped focus our team selections, but when we get into our stride, look unstoppable at times and make good teams in this league look very ordinary. Moore and the coaching staff do deserve huge credit for this and I am starting to believe again. 

Football is a results business, poor form raises questions, good form raises praise, both merited. 

Agree with every word of this, great post

• Thanks 1

It is still a work in progress and overall a massive job to do. We all want to be successful, results /performances have been poor and inconsistent. Nothing more than i anticipated because whatever our expectations its a massive job. Don't see any need to change plans at the moment, all managers need a period of time and we should know that better than most.

Tbf to DM he has had to work harder than most to get to be a manager, at the moment we should back him as undoubtedly the players are, to be successful we all need to stick together.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

It is still a work in progress and overall a massive job to do. We all want to be successful, results /performances have been poor and inconsistent. Nothing more than i anticipated because whatever our expectations its a massive job. Don't see any need to change plans at the moment, all managers need a period of time and we should know that better than most.

Tbf to DM he has had to work harder than most to get to be a manager, at the moment we should back him as undoubtedly the players are, to be successful we all need to stick together.

Even Cowley brothers were given a hard time at Pompey, slowly they too are getting it right, hope they don't sneak in at our expense, but looks like Plymouth are falling away

• Like 1

I’m inclined to agree, but you have to look at the season as a whole which has been uninspiring at best. 

January a big month for him because there’s areas which need to be prioritised in terms of transfers, namely centre backs for cover. If Dunkley gets injured, which isn’t entirely unlikely, we will be F*****.

If we continue to sign a plethora of wingers/attacking players then I will be unimpressed. 

• Haha 1

He's had a good month or two, but we need to keep producing and be competitive near the top of the table. 

One encouraging sign is the lack of losses so far. We are clearly pretty tough to beat. Just wish we would stop turning wins into draws.  

5 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

at the moment we are doing ok despite Moore not because of

He can't win then, can he?

When the team do badly it's his fault, but when they do well it's nothing to do with the man who signed half the players, coaches them, picks the team, dictates tactics etc?

Seems a bit unreasonable to me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

When the team do badly it's his fault, but when they do well it's nothing to do with the man who signed half the players, coaches them, picks the team, dictates tactics etc?

some will always find a reason to moan.

they often lurk in the shadows waiting for a loss..

just remember how bleak it was at the start of the season. 

bannan squirming in an interview about staying. 

Moore has hustled together a young athletic squad and they have found the right style and shape . the spirit and togetherness is now shining through .

well done Moore and his team and well done the boys for buying into the environment 

• Like 3

I've said all along that we needed to give Moore half a season before we even begin to start judging him.

I think people fail to understand just how long it takes to implement a new style of football with a totally revamped squad. 

Even Pep and Klopp weren't successful from day 1. It wasn't until their 2nd seasons that they really started having success.

The second half of the season will tell us far more about Moore and his abilities than the first in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I think we would be firmly at the top without issue if we had a better manager 

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think we would be firmly at the top without issue if we had a better manager 

I think we need to be a bit realistic here. We weren't exactly an enticing prospect were we? Nor do we have much of a reputation for being a long term employer.

Personally, I think DM was about as good as we could have hoped for under the circumstances, and I think we are fortunate that he was up for the challenge. The only other remotely attractive candidate was Paul Cook, and I think we burned our bridges with him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I think we need to be a bit realistic here. We weren't exactly an enticing prospect were we? Nor do we have much of a reputation for being a long term employer.

Personally, I think DM was about as good as we could have hoped for under the circumstances, and I think we are fortunate that he was up for the challenge. The only other remotely attractive candidate was Paul Cook, and I think we burned our bridges with him.

I was happy with the Moore appointment because I know the Doncaster fans had a high opinion of him, but my view has deteriorated this season. Hope I am wrong 

Moore has released the shackles to be fair to him.

Lot's of managers here and at other clubs are very stubborn. Moore has shown flexibility, which I do like.

I am still not convinced with some aspects of his management but I am pleased he has been less stubborn and shown ability to adapt and change, which many managers don't. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1