My apologies to Darren Moore

1 hour ago, adamwestsleftear said:

so he's turned it around and deserves credit . agree.

Turned what around?....he deserves credit when the team attacks,wins and entertains..agree  he doesn't in my view deserve any credit for this team/squad being sat at seventh in Division 3.....

We are here because of his obsession with playing it out,and initially thinking a lone striker was the way to line up.

Had he abandoned his earlier 'tactics' sooner,been more attacking in outlook,and less defensive minded,we if not in an automatic promotion spot,would be higher than we are now....

I believe myself he may have smelled the tin tack coming if results/performances didn't improve,and quickly.....

People laugh about it,but i do believe social media,and media in general is monitored,and the obvious reaction to the continued fan displeasure was being noticed

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Avon barksdale said:

No he wouldn’t all our managers last year were completely undermined by our great leader not paying the players on time and the points deduction!! 

You seriously think GM couldn't have got three more points than DM???  he wouldn't have set the side up to play a new, system  that many wouldn't have even been around to implement the following season for starters........

And  DM  through no fault of his own  was seriously ill  at a time when we needed him the most....

• Like 2

So the manager eventually sees what most fans saw months ago and starts playing people (well some) in their proper positions after wasting many winnable games and suddenly it’s all forgotten.

I was late to the “Moore out” point of view and have been pleasantly surprised by the performances in the last week but am yet to be convinced.

If I was/am wrong about him and we are ultimately successful I will be extremely pleased but I have a feeling I will be disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not so sure the first 15 games were wasted, there were a lot of combinations to be tried, tactics too, the run-it-out tactic got a fair chance with mediocre results, draws.

Here lately, Wednesday is trying the attack tactic...the best defense, is a good offense.

Things are looking good.

• Like 1

Quite simply the up turn in form is to do with the return of Windass and Luongo. We all knew it would happen just because of the quality of both players. No matter what style or formation we play, we have too many match winners in this league to not muster something up in each game. Wimbledon we threw a lead away, cheltenham we threw a lead away, we're scoring goals now just because of the sheer quality of players we have for this division. It was inevitable no matter what formation or square pegs round holes Moore went with

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Quite simply the up turn in form is to do with the return of Windass and Luongo. We all knew it would happen just because of the quality of both players. No matter what style or formation we play, we have too many match winners in this league to not muster something up in each game. Wimbledon we threw a lead away, cheltenham we threw a lead away, we're scoring goals now just because of the sheer quality of players we have for this division. It was inevitable no matter what formation or square pegs round holes Moore went with

Not sure this is totally true. Those two have made a difference yes but on Tuesday for the first time this season we put in a good 90 minutes and were playing well before their introduction. They of course both made a positive impact but there were signs before that we were emerging from the dour style of the season to date.

• Like 1

Always said we would need to be patient and allow Moore to re-build and we are starting to see the benefit.

Form in the league is decent with obvious areas to improve. Having the likes of Hutchinson, Iorfa etc to come back will help our cause.

Fans just need to keep their cool the next time we lose a game.

• Like 1

It was/is fair to question his being the right bloke. Until recently he hadn't got a tune out of this squad and he had farted about tactically with little success.

Ironically the final straw with the fans, putting Marvin Johnson at left centre half, turned out to be the catalyst for us playing out faster from the back. It also coincided with injuries meaning that Dunkley got to be the central centre half and the wing back system started using proper wingers. Since then we have looked a much better balanced and more attacking side, albeit with some long seated mental scars that are slowly healing. 

For me now, he is just about in credit. He brought in some good players this close season and did the proper rebuild that Monk didn't seem to have the contacts to do. From a disastrous relegation season we have pulled out of the death curve and are for the first time in a long time are actually a decent side to watch. 

We will probably lose a game soon and the pressure will start again, maybe even at Portsmouth who have won their last four or five. But the trend seems to be upward and we have the players to score goals. 

He deserves the season to show us what he can do and top 6 should get him another crack at it.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

I would like to apologise to our manager, I probably was one of the first to want him out, kept insisting on getting Ryan Lowe in the door, but in all fairness with time he's actually got players in the right positions, the team is playing some good football, we're coming from behind now, there is a feel good factor within the whole club, sorry DM you do know what you're doing, 

Well done for saying so mate. The premature, blame everything on the manager approach by some, has been nothing short of ridiculous.

Now let’s get a few wins under our belt and get into those two automatics. Plenty of potential for us to get better and better and I expect a couple of defenders to come in, in Jan.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I need to apologise to Moore, always wanted him to do well but did doubt his ability to succeed based on what I saw on the pitch. 

I'm not going to get carried away, we had 4 good games at the start of the season and the last 5 have been good, but that's only 9 out of 20 games.

However, you are only as good as your last game,.so they say, and would be delighted if we continue our good form and the bad spell we had looks like a blip come the end of the season. 

The one thing I would say is that we are starting to look like a team, we have a rythm about our play. Something I wasn't sure Moore would deliver, maybe injuries have helped focus our team selections, but when we get into our stride, look unstoppable at times and make good teams in this league look very ordinary. Moore and the coaching staff do deserve huge credit for this and I am starting to believe again. 

Football is a results business, poor form raises questions, good form raises praise, both merited. 

• Like 1