Appalling offside against shedipo!

As kamberi shot, shedipo was well off the pitch after his initial cross and a defender is also off pitch at the side of goal. If a player is off the pitch for offside he is deemed as on the pitch and on the goal line. So both would be considered level with each other and on the line. You basically cannot be offside with a defender off the pitch behind the goal line🤷‍♂️🙈. The linesman flagged the moment shedipo picked up the ball after the keeper saved kamberi’s shot! 

3D4B3B3C-250C-43EA-80BB-273F001458C2.jpeg

• Like 2

Yesterday I noticed regularly as their keeper kicked it out of his hands there would be 2, sometimes 3 of their forwards a good couple of yards offside. As the ball was in the air our back line dropped back, behind their forwards. Even though on occasions their forwards won the header they were never given offside. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Yes and no.

But if shodipo wasn't behind him, the Wycombe player would have left it for a corner. So his presence made him play it, hence offside.

Although that makes perfect sense it doesn't to the people at IFAB.

Onside once defender has tried to play the ball.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, doubleo said:

Yesterday I noticed regularly as their keeper kicked it out of his hands there would be 2, sometimes 3 of their forwards a good couple of yards offside. As the ball was in the air our back line dropped back, behind their forwards. Even though on occasions their forwards won the header they were never given offside. 

Yep I spotted that as well! Happened at least 3 times in the second half. They always challenged for the ball having been offside and it was never given. The halfway line made it extremely obvious to see they were offside as well, so absolutely no excuse for the linesman missing it every time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Waddle93 said:

Although that makes perfect sense it doesn't to the people at IFAB.

Onside once defender has tried to play the ball.

Not true pal. You are offside if you affect players thought process, of he plays it to you you are still off.

Only time it wouldn't be a factor is if you are other side of pitch for example and it is sliced to you.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Not true pal. You are offside if you affect players thought process, of he plays it to you you are still off.

Only time it wouldn't be a factor is if you are other side of pitch for example and it is sliced to you.

I think you are quoting old rules…..are you a qualified ref and if so was it recent?

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

If that's how you would interpret it then fare enough but I'm certain that's not the law now.

There was a goal probably on you tube at Crowle yesterday and sure Harry Kane scored 1 at Anfield, miles offside but because defender made an effort to clear it then its a separate phase of play.