Bannan

18 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Now we’re talking. Let’s invent new stats until Baz comes out on top like assisting the assister of the assist. Loving your work. That’ll keep those pesky haters quiet. 
WALBDW ? 

Or lets put stats where they belong in the nerdy corner and enjoy watching one the best players we've had at the club since Racist Rons days 

1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Or lets put stats where they belong in the nerdy corner and enjoy watching one the best players we've had at the club since Racist Rons days 

I’d argue the best. Name one player whose achieved more than Bazza either in the hallowed Blue & White stripes or even since moving on from S6 since Ron Atkinsons days. No one comes even close. Even the haters can’t deny that (but I bet they’ll try) 😂 😂 😂 

Bannan is a great player…but…

When he drops onto the back 3 or 4 we are awful and on the back foot.

Bannan has one role and that’s between midfield and forwards at the back of a diamond.

Midfield needs Luongo with either Wing or Byers. A full strength SWFC could be unstoppable now.

On 29/11/2021 at 14:51, OasisOwl72 said:

I was only a very young kid when we got promotion in 1980 but none the less I’ve seen us get out of the third tier three times. There’s a tried and tested way and all those three promotion sides had similar traits and comparable players. Pickering, Bullen, Jones. Johnson, Whelan, Semedo. Curran, Brunt, Antonio. Andy Mac, Jones, O Grady. None of those teams had a Bannan type. I know the game has changed but even so.

Ian Porterfield

Glenn Whelan

Chris Lines

On 29/11/2021 at 21:31, sw1867 said:

what are you correcting?

For the third and last time, in plain English.

I’ve agreed with another poster that he can do certain things of premier league quality NOT that he should be playing in the premier league.

In your own words ‘he’s an amazing player at league one level’. We are playing in league one so what the f*ck are you moaning about!

Why are you swearing? That's pretty irrational and odd behaviour on a forum. You're coming across as someone who struggles to grasp basic conversation and language structure. 

You keep going on about 'certain things are premier league quality' what kind of statement is that, it makes no sense, when he's not done anything against premier league opposition for over 7 years. Such an odd post and overall interaction. 

Maybe you had a heavy weekend, but i'll repeat again, the only thing premier league about bannan is the wage he's being paid. if you can't work out why that is, maybe you need to go and have a nap. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

Bannan is a great player…but…

When he drops onto the back 3 or 4 we are awful and on the back foot.

That's true, but I think it's confusing cause and effect to blame Bannan for this.  He drops into the back three when we're under pressure and we can't get the ball up the field any other way.  He drops deep because the oppos are on top, the oppos are not on top because he drops deep.

1 hour ago, WalworthOwl said:

That's true, but I think it's confusing cause and effect to blame Bannan for this.  He drops into the back three when we're under pressure and we can't get the ball up the field any other way.  He drops deep because the oppos are on top, the oppos are not on top because he drops deep.

Monk said that Bannan prefers to play deep, doesn't like to be playing too far forward. 

1 hour ago, WalworthOwl said:

He gets in the way at the back because he's a very poor defender...he's an instinct player and disorganised in terms of defensive shape. He's better as an outlet in midfield.

I don't blame him for anything...he's a good player

14 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Ian Porterfield

Glenn Whelan

Chris Lines

Ian Porterfield wasn't part of the 1980 promotion side, I mentioned Whelan and yes there was Lines in 2012.  Whelan and Lines could get on the ball but didn't slow the play down as much as Bannan, 

2 hours ago, OasisOwl72 said:

Ian Porterfield wasn't part of the 1980 promotion side, I mentioned Whelan and yes there was Lines in 2012.  Whelan and Lines could get on the ball but didn't slow the play down as much as Bannan, 

Chris Lines wasn't fit to lace Bannans jockstrap.

6 hours ago, 0742 said:

Why are you swearing? That's pretty irrational and odd behaviour on a forum. You're coming across as someone who struggles to grasp basic conversation and language structure. 

You keep going on about 'certain things are premier league quality' what kind of statement is that, it makes no sense, when he's not done anything against premier league opposition for over 7 years. Such an odd post and overall interaction. 

Maybe you had a heavy weekend, but i'll repeat again, the only thing premier league about bannan is the wage he's being paid. if you can't work out why that is, maybe you need to go and have a nap. 

Very condescending response. Sums you perfectly.

Good luck in the future.

• Haha 1

I think this thread sums up a lot of posters on here and our fans in general with their black and white mentality. 

Literally nobody thinks bannan is a bad player, but if you dare try and discuss his limitations, then you must be a hater. What you get is nothing more than subjective opinion in response to highlighting or even trying to discuss his ability.

That's some seriously limited thinking. Mixed in with the usual bullies who try and just shout anything they can't agree with down. 

• Like 1