Bannan

1 hour ago, 0742 said:

Correction, he's an amazing player at league one level. Literally nobody disputes, but using the term premier league quality about barry bannan is ridiculous. Well it is to any sane person, but some of the fan boys on think he's actually good enough to play in the premier league 

lol

what are you correcting?

For the third and last time, in plain English.

I’ve agreed with another poster that he can do certain things of premier league quality NOT that he should be playing in the premier league.

In your own words ‘he’s an amazing player at league one level’. We are playing in league one so what the f*ck are you moaning about!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Otley Owl said:

Bannan is a playmaker. He doesn't slow the play down on purpose, he controls the ball and looks at what is on. In fairness, he's already doing that before he has the ball, because he can read the game and make space for himself. If the players around him are lacking confidence / average / played out of position, his options drop and he looks out of form. He gets frustrated and has the odd rant. If he has Forestieri, Hooper, Reach, Fletcher etc moving and showing for the ball, he looks class. Particularly if he is allowed / decides to play further forward. 

He now has Windass, Corbeanau, Luongo and Shodipo as his options. On form, playing well and full of confidence. Keep this momentum going, and Bannan will be on fire, with the others benefitting. And it will be good to watch.

The key to Bannan isn't direct assists, it's how he opens up play with a key pass before the assist, or a pass that opens play. 

I love Bannan, love watching him play. There's very few others I could say the same about over the last 10 / 15 years or so. 

So what you are saying is when Bannan is surrounded by better players he looks better, and when he plays with lesser players it is their fault that he looks worse.

makes perfect sense.

9 hours ago, 83owl said:

So you would judge a team of players all on £30k a week each the same as you would judge a team of players all on £1k a week each. 

Bonkers logic

If a player is on £5k a week and puts in a great performance, is that exact same performance better or worse if he is on £25k a week?

They performance is exactly the same!

If you are trying to say the £25k a week player should put in the great performance more consistently, then I agree with you. Bannan puts in a MOM performance more than any other player as stated by nearly every opposition manager we play against (the ones who are in football for a living and better informed than random people like me on a fans forum).

6 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Familiarity breeds contempt,,,,,He's the best Wednesday player on the pitch the vast majority of the time.

Thats not just my opinion, have a look at what opposition managers say, what pundits say, but billy bllx from batemoor knows better...Really?

I’ve always found that rather amusing.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Belgradeowl said:

I think you are missing the point made earlier; the one that says he’s rarely more than two passes away from a strike on goal.  It doesn’t have to be the final pass! I don’t know if such a stat exists but from my recollection, it’s not very often that Bannan is not very closely involved in a goal scoring move. Shodipo’s goal on Saturday was a classic example of that, despite the assist (quite rightly) going to Gregory.

Now we’re talking. Let’s invent new stats until Baz comes out on top like assisting the assister of the assist. Loving your work. That’ll keep those pesky haters quiet. 
WALBDW ? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BIG D said:

The winner v MK where he made space to play Theo in - no one else in our team and probably this division could have done that. 

I think your being unkind on Bannan. I doubt anyone else in the country could fake to cross against a league one centre mid. Bannan is a once in a generation talent. We are so lucky to have him. Why can’t those haters see what’s right in front of their noses ? 

7 hours ago, nickswfc said:

Absolutely this

But a lot of fans now take this for granted, therefore choose to ignore it

Instead they proceed to pick faults and spend all week crying about how one of his corners hit the first man

Absolutely this. I work with a hater and he literally spent the entire week crying about a Bannan corner. Literally sobbing in a heap at his workstation. Sat in a puddle of his own tears. Got bugger all work done due to his none-stop week long crying fit. What a loser. 

8 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I think your being unkind on Bannan. I doubt anyone else in the country could fake to cross against a league one centre mid. Bannan is a once in a generation talent. We are so lucky to have him. Why can’t those haters see what’s right in front of their noses ? 

Barry Bannan has created 34 chances for Sheffield Wednesday in League One this season, at least six more than any other player in the third tier

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Barry Bannan has created 34 chances for Sheffield Wednesday in League One this season, at least six more than any other player in the third tier

Where's that stat from?

According to Opta, he's created 48, which puts him second behind Scott McConville who's on 55.

10 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Pudding

21 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

Ah the old we never had a offer for him myth 

Care to provide evidence where we actually turned down a serious bid since the start of last season with a specific fee quoted? A tentative alleged enquiry from Brentford with no fee mentioned doesn't count as an offer.....just to be clear. 

2 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

Care to provide evidence where we actually turned down a serious bid since the start of last season with a specific fee quoted? A tentative alleged enquiry from Brentford with no fee mentioned doesn't count as an offer.....just to be clear. 

Would we be informed about any offer, which has been made? 

If somebody here on Owlstalk does has evidence about contract negotiations or details, I am sure he will not be allowed to share it with us.

1 minute ago, GermanBird said:

Would we be informed about any offer, which has been made? 

If somebody here on Owlstalk does has evidence about contract negotiations or details, I am sure he will not be allowed to share it with us.

I didn't mention anything about contract negotiations. Merely that usually club bids X amount for other clubs player and club accepts/declines. That's usually in the public domain in the World of SKY and social media. How on Earth can anyone  claim it to be a "myth" we didn't have any bids without such information? 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

I didn't mention anything about contract negotiations. Merely that usually club bids X amount for other clubs player and club accepts/declines. That's usually in the public domain in the World of SKY and social media. How on Earth can anyone  claim it to be a "myth" we didn't have any bids without such information? 

Do you believe in the tooth fairy as well ?

• Like 1