Worst away following

1 hour ago, Doghouse Daz said:

Was worth a visit just to see the terracing made out of railway sleepers and cinder, and that daft little snack cabin stuck behind a pillar in the middle of the home end.

Remember  it kicking off when we played them in the fa Cup 78-79  season the linesman got  hit with something  from  our fans on the side terrace

9 hours ago, panda800 said:

I think the 86-87 we played West ham away twice  in 3 weeks  the first one in the fa Cup the away end was full  for the league  game im guessing a couple of hundred  .. won both games though😉🙂

Went to both those games and yes I’d say we only had a few hundred for the league game.

West Ham fans tried steaming into the away end after the game as well.

10 hours ago, Broomhill Owl said:

Away to Swansea and Bristol Rovers when we were banned in late seventies, about a dozen at each including me.

Didn't get to Eastville that year, the only away ground I've not seen Wednesday play at, enjoyed the Derby game though at the Baseball ground that same year. 

EBRA

20 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

On a similar theme; what’s the away ticket allocation at Sunderland? Could be our biggest following this season, especially with it being between Xmas & New Year.

I'd say opposite, everybody skint from Christmas, Thursday night (thanks Sky) with many returning to work that week.

Could be wrong, we are a daft bunch after all.

22 hours ago, Broomhill Owl said:

Away to Swansea and Bristol Rovers when we were banned in late seventies, about a dozen at each including me.

We went to every game in the ban.  There would have been something like 100 at Swansea and way more than that at Eastville, pretty much looked like a normal away day.

12 hours ago, Spion Kop said:

Didn't get to Eastville that year, the only away ground I've not seen Wednesday play at, enjoyed the Derby game though at the Baseball ground that same year. 

EBRA

Funny you’d should mention Bristol Rover’s old Ground Eastville.Just seen a photo of it and it’s mini version of Stamford Bridge.Also it was a greyhound stadium as well.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, heard that pardon said:

Suppose if you count friendlies, games in South Africa and U.S.A.

Went to both games in SA. October 92.  4 of us flew from Joburg to Cape Town on the Friday for the Sunday game against Hellenic. 2-1 win Warhurst double. Probably about 50 Wednesday fans, mostly expats from CT, Joburg & Port Elizibeth.     

Ex Wednesday player Johnny Sissons was in the pub after the game (moved to CT in the 70s).

Took a coach from Joburg to Pretoria for the Tuesday night game against Mamelodi Sundowns. 2-2 Jemson & Anderson 

Probably 200+ Wednesday fans.  The team came back to our local pub in Fourways for drinks after the game. 

They flew back on the Thursday and beat Oldham at Hillsborough on the Saturday.

• Like 2

On 28/11/2021 at 11:18, Ian Fleming said:

Probably Bristol City away in either 90 or 91 when most of our supporters were stuck on the M1 in snow for about 6 hours.

We made that game, along with plenty of Wednesdayites. Most memorable thing about it for me was that I forgot my coat and my wooly jumper resembled Robert Smith's from the Cure by the end of the game. #baggy

Guest Wednesdayjohn
On 28/11/2021 at 17:07, William 1867 said:

Blackpool 1 Jan 1974, only 1 half full  SUT that day 0 - 0 and it’s was freezing as no heating on the bus.

I went to that before the game there were a good 400 of us walking down a deserted sea front. Millwall away in early 70s would see no more than about 50  Cardiff less thsn 100

On 28/11/2021 at 12:45, Mountain Owl said:

There were more than that. About 20 of us on their end which was the side terrace till we scored and it kicked off. We then got marched round to the away end where there were about another 100.

Bristol Rovers I would say about 200 or so.

I was at Bristol Rovers and I would say more than 200, there was a mob of Wednesday fans on terrace on side and some more behind goal, a lot climbed into ground over a wall where toilets were in corner. 

I'd say one of lowest away followings was at West Ham for a Monday night game live on Sky, I think we won 3-1. 

I can remember another small following at West Ham in mid 80s for a midweek game towards end of season. We had won at West Ham a week or two before in FA Cup 2-0 then went on to lose to Coventry in quarter final. 

We won this game 2-0 as well. 

Inter City Owl ran one coach and a mini bus. I would say they were about 300 of us there.