Worst away following

21 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

How on earth were Wimbledon even in the premier league?

London club.  Attracts investors and players.  Wife fancies shopping at Harrods etc.   One of the reasons the Sheffield clubs find it hard to attract decent players without having to fork out daft wages.

Just now, Lincs Owl said:

London club.  Attracts investors and players.  Wife fancies shopping at Harrods etc.   One of the reasons the Sheffield clubs find it hard to attract decent players without having to fork out daft wages.

This is why if I were rich enough to own Wednesday, I would move the training base to the London area

• Haha 2

From an era when our away support was fantastic  , away to Bristol city league cup 2nd round 1st leg Oct 1982 on a Monday night , between 250 -300. Remember walking back after game to one coach and a few mini buses , Bristol had almost as many in a mob on our right hand side in a park separated by a few police. Crowd was only about 4, 000 they had dropped into the fourth division, we won 2-1.

38 minutes ago, Broomhill Owl said:

Away to Swansea and Bristol Rovers when we were banned in late seventies, about a dozen at each including me.

There were more than that. About 20 of us on their end which was the side terrace till we scored and it kicked off. We then got marched round to the away end where there were about another 100.

Bristol Rovers I would say about 200 or so.

52 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

If that's the one where we won 2-0 in a night match and Leon Knight scored, you're telling porkies.

I was there and we must have had 200.  

No it was 0-0, reyt boring match. It was a few weeks after we got promoted at Cardiff 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ian Fleming said:

Probably Bristol City away in either 90 or 91 when most of our supporters were stuck on the M1 in snow for about 6 hours.

Travelled on the ICO that day only to be told that the coach was turning back at Ripley in Derbyshire.Got back into Sheffield just after 4pm😳

2 hours ago, Ian Fleming said:

Probably Bristol City away in either 90 or 91 when most of our supporters were stuck on the M1 in snow for about 6 hours.

yeh not many there 30-40 i made it  , booby gould (ex rovers manager) was stood in the away too , had a chat to him 

Guest Mcguigan
56 minutes ago, jezek said:

yeh not many there 30-40 i made it  , booby gould (ex rovers manager) was stood in the away too , had a chat to him 

Aye, remember booby gould. Had his knockers but I thought he was a decent manager. 

23 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Probably one of the mid '70s Friday night trips to Tranmere

I remember one where there was only a couple of hundred of us.

Was worth a visit just to see the terracing made out of railway sleepers and cinder, and that daft little snack cabin stuck behind a pillar in the middle of the home end.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alanharper said:

3121 - I was there! It wasn't a bad away following, about half the crowd must have been on the away terrace. 

Midweek game around 1991/92, awful game and we lost Think they "beat" that and got 1 or 2 even lower attendances though. 

I went as well and I think we took over 1k and yep overtaken by the Everton match I think