The ref yesterday

Always reluctant to post about the referee but yesterday was particularly poor. 

The amount of times their defenders/midfielders were pulling shodipos and others shirt when they got the wrong side of them, especially in the second half and he just didn’t book them til right late on? Not sure why Luongo got booked as was difficult to see from where I sit. 

Also saw a clip from Gregory’s header which looked like it crossed the line, on another day could easily have been given. 

• Like 4

Do we not have goal line tech in League One? 

They deffo have it in the Champ these days.

Ref wasn't great though. The amount of time wasting that goes on at this level is just absurd tbh. The refs do nothing to stop it.

Edited by SiJ

7 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Always reluctant to post about the referee but yesterday was particularly poor. 

The amount of times their defenders/midfielders were pulling shodipos and others shirt when they got the wrong side of them, especially in the second half and he just didn’t book them til right late on? Not sure why Luongo got booked as was difficult to see from where I sit. 

Also saw a clip from Gregory’s header which looked like it crossed the line, on another day could easily have been given. 

That blatant push 😂

Just now, SiJ said:

Ref wasn't great though. The amount of time wasting that goes on at this level is just absurd tbh. The refs do nothing to stop it.

they were time wasting from the kick off

got worse when they scored 

sped up when we went 2-1

reverted to snail pace at 2-2

• Like 1

Just now, ANDY said:

they were time wasting from the kick off

got worse when they scored 

sped up when we went 2-1

reverted to snail pace at 2-2

Yep.

Stockdale must have wasted several minutes on his own.

Took him about 9 years to take a goal kick.

Can't stand teams like Wycombe. Are they actually good or just very lucky? We could have easily won that game by 4 or 5 if we were more ruthless.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I looked at the ref at the time and he was pointing to his watch so I presumed that we do have goal technology and it said no. 

2 minutes ago, Littleowl74 said:

I looked at the ref at the time and he was pointing to his watch so I presumed that we do have goal technology and it said no. 

Fair enough.

It did look over from that still, but we could be talking millimeters.

We did some time wasting at Accrington tbf? It’s all part and parcel of the modern game and needs stamping out ! But some teams seem to have a real art in this department. As for the ball crossing the line we sit on north 1st block kop end ball was clearly over the line and Lino had a good view of it aswell! They seem reluctant to give throwings when not entirely sure and leave it to ref so giving a goal I’d guess was never gona happen 

26 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

We did some time wasting at Accrington tbf? It’s all part and parcel of the modern game and needs stamping out ! But some teams seem to have a real art in this department. As for the ball crossing the line we sit on north 1st block kop end ball was clearly over the line and Lino had a good view of it aswell! They seem reluctant to give throwings when not entirely sure and leave it to ref so giving a goal I’d guess was never gona happen 

We did it at Accrington and blatantly at Wigan.

The ref's don't mind it as it gives them a breather. (Told that by a ref). 

Winds me up when they let them do it, then b0ollock them at 90 + 2 minutes. And still don't show a yellow.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yep.

Can't stand teams like Wycombe. Are they actually good or just very lucky? We could have easily won that game by 4 or 5 if we were more ruthless.

Ref had told him to hurry up at least 3 times previously (that I saw, so it could have been more), then at the end when he was at it again the ref actually sprinted over to retrieve the ball for him, had another word and still didn't book him, wtf?!

Can't stand the absolutely blatant  timewasting at this level by teams only looking for a point and the weak refs who don't do a thing about it. There were certain teams in the Championship who did it regularly like Preston, and Charlton when they were there, even Fulham were one of the worst last time they came , but in L1 it seems to be every team who comes here. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Supersiggi2 said:

We did it at Accrington and blatantly at Wigan.

The ref's don't mind it as it gives them a breather. (Told that by a ref). 

Winds me up when they let them do it, then b0ollock them at 90 + 2 minutes. And still don't show a yellow.

Exactly needs steaming out altogether? How much in a game is wasted nowadays 

Every team that comes to Hillsborough knows that they can waste as much time as they want. They did it from the kick off yesterday, absolutely blatant. Got worse when they were winning. Kicking the ball away and no punishment. Take forever on a throw in and steal  10 yards every time, no punishment. Ironically, cos they'd done it and got away with it, when we took forever on the throw in before we scored the ref couldn't really pull us up on it. 

Evans showed every team how to play at S6. We'll see performances like yesterday from every team I'm afraid. 

Just now, Mick70 said:

Exactly needs steaming out altogether? How much in a game is wasted nowadays 

When Sky first started, they used to show how long the ball was in play. From memory it was about 60 mins most games. (Happy to be proved wrong).

Is it time to play 30 mins each way but stop the clock when the balls not in play?

Don’t think he was too bad to be honest. He’s never going to get every decision right. 

Regarding shirt pulling on Shodipo, it was the linesman on the south that should be seeing that, there right back was quite clever making sure the referee couldn’t see it. 

Luongo got booked for diving in when the ball had gone.

Yes Wycombe time wasted, but not to the extent of Gillingham and MK. We also did it a bit when we were in front.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yep.

Forgot to mention that as well, stockdale was a joke all game. 

I was sat there thinking its effin freezin surely he wants to get off for his half time cup of tea lol