Luongo

Guest LondonOwl313

He’s a mid table championship player when fit, so far too good for this level. But he rarely stays fit, this is his third season here and he’s out a lot. For that reason I wouldn’t tie him down, would just see how the land lies come the end of the season, how many games he’s managed and which division we’re in. He might not want to stay if we don’t go up anyway 

8 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

He’s a mid table championship player when fit, so far too good for this level. But he rarely stays fit, this is his third season here and he’s out a lot. For that reason I wouldn’t tie him down, would just see how the land lies come the end of the season, how many games he’s managed and which division we’re in. He might not want to stay if we don’t go up anyway 

We can command a fee for him if we don’t go up

If he stays fit and we don’t go up at the end of season, he’ll walk for free with no contract. 

In terms of fitness, been said countless times but before coming here he was an ever present, and for whatever reason he’s had a number of problems, it’s bizarre

Just now, Owls2k said:

Luongo gets where water doesn't, nicks the ball when he has no right to and is so calm on the ball. He also carries the ball really well and seems deceptively quick.

So great that we have him back. 

He’s shown speed where I never thought it existed with him driving up the pitch 

Perfect balance in the middle now - I think went Byers is fully fit we could see them 3 in the middle, Windass needs to be utilised up top.

He's a different level and then some to the likes of Wing.

If you're going with three in there atm, I think the best options are him, Bazza and possibly Fizz who is an absolute beast too. Have to say the rest are a bit too lightweight for me atm. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

Just now, jonnyowl said:

He needs to stay fit all season, same for Widnass.

Need to stay in contention until Iorfa is back fit.

Iorfa

Luongo

Widnass

Fit for rest of season and we'll get top two!

Agreed, these 3 are key to our success this season. Luongo and Windass contribution already making an impact. 

44 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

He needs to stay fit all season, same for Widnass.

Need to stay in contention until Iorfa is back fit.

Iorfa

Luongo

Widnass

Fit for rest of season and we'll get top two!

Jury’s out on Iorfa

Not a great start to year at all and his distribution is a shocker. I can’t see him getting into team at the minute if he came back tomorrow. 

15 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Wants to go back Down under doesn’t he ?

I’m pretty sure there was talk of it in the close season. I’d be amazed if he signs an extension with us regardless of his fitness. We’ve just got to make the most of him while he’s here. 

Guest LondonOwl313
53 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Yesterday was his 50th appearance, he's been here 2 years, shows how often he has been out injured. 

He’s managed 43 out of 112 league games.. that’s about 38%. I’m surprised there are people wanting to give out long term new contracts with that record, particularly as I remember people saying players like Westwood were always injured so had to go even when they were playing 80+% of games when managers allowed them to be available for selection