Bottom bar on kop

What on earth is going on down there? Liam Dooley was down there on Tuesday overseeing things and timing transactions etc...

Then today, no beer, fridges knackered, head chef down there on the blower to somebody halfway through a delayed half time.

Warm Carling available. Warm as in cup of tea temperature.

When somebody asked him why there was no beer available he said "we've sold 400" we're done?!

9 hours ago, smhouston said:

Ran out of chips at the food kiosk next to it by kick off too! 

Probably the easiest thing to keep stock off not to go out of date! 

They ran out of Bovril in the North…..that must have a sell by date measured in years

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The offering and service at the two beer kiosks that face each other at the South side of the Kop has beer poor all season and hasn’t been consistent for a two or three seasons now. One of the kiosks was closed yesterday and the other quickly ran out of Stones (I had to buy my mate a Guinness instead) - this was already the case at 2:30 when I got into the ground. 

I drink Guinness; as far as I know, for a very long time, only one of the 4 or 5 kiosks on the Kop has a working Guinness surger yet only “surger” Guinness is sold on the Kop - it’s not good enough. 

My main frustration is the speed of the service at all Kiosks- particularly at half time. The queues are stupid- surely the club wants to take as much money as possible as quickly as possible as this will maximise revenue. 

It’s absolutely rubbish. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

First time for ages went to use the catering facilities on Kop.  Due to the elements thought and Bovril and Hot Chocolate would warm me and the lad up. 

Surely can't get that wrong?  Course they can, they had no boiling water!! 

It's laughably sh!t isn't it?

At half time they literally had 4 bottles of carling left. 3 were warm and 1 was frozen solid.

• Haha 6

With the risk of sounding like a grumpy young man, they never ran out of hot drinks when they had the massive tea pots backed up by the catering water boilers.

Now it's just whatever is cheapest and most convenient - for the seller, never the customer. More profitable to run out than have to dispose of out of date stock out.

Stinks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

With the risk of sounding like a grumpy young man, they never ran out of hot drinks when they had the massive tea pots backed up by the catering water boilers.

Now it's just whatever is cheapest and most convenient - for the seller, never the customer. More profitable to run out than have to dispose of out of date stock out.

Stinks.

My (forrin, used to work in hospitality) OH thinks fear of having to throw *anything* away is an English disease - the amount of times she's commented on a cafe losing dozens of sales rather than risking one scone being left unsold at close of play.

When did the Hillsborough catering change over from the massive urns, btw?

I wonder how much money we lose each season with lost sales.

20,000 fans yesterday I bet at least a third used the bars, and eateries and I bet at least half of them don't use it after these experiences.

I wonder if our paper COO will take the whole season to sort the issues.

Get a catering manager in to manage match days I bet it's corrected within a few games.

it's like I have been saying for years get the right people in with the right experience and allow them to do their jobs, get the wrong people in or the cheapest and you lose money instead of making it.

• Like 1

On 27/11/2021 at 23:49, Supersiggi2 said:

What on earth is going on down there? Liam Dooley was down there on Tuesday overseeing things and timing transactions etc...

Then today, no beer, fridges knackered, head chef down there on the blower to somebody halfway through a delayed half time.

Warm Carling available. Warm as in cup of tea temperature.

When somebody asked him why there was no beer available he said "we've sold 400" we're done?!

More importantly, we're two halves cheaper than a pint? 

No idea if it would work, but always wondered if it would be worth trying having pre poured beer.

I know many turn their nose up, but maybe incentivise by having a separate queue and/or charging say 50p/£1 less (or charge more for fresh poured) for it, so you can get through more people in less amount of time..