How cold was it today

Home to Swansea in December 2009. I had got back from Portugal just hours before after 24 hours of being stuck in an airport because of cancelled flights and trains because of snow in England,  some how made it to the game and it was a shocking performance and we lost 2v0. Horrible day. 

9 hours ago, Austinowl said:

Blackpool in a midweek cup replay about ten years ago. We were 3 nil down after about 20 minutes and I said to my (now) wife that we could leave if they scored another. I think it stayed 3 nil. She sat in front of our fire for about 2 hours and was still cold, but then she is a southerner

This^^

13 minutes ago, doubleo said:

I was reminiscing in bed only the other day with the brother-in-law and we could remember going to school in short trousers, having got out of bed when there was ice on the INSIDE of the window frames.  🤪

are you from Barnsley?

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Nut said:

This one for me. Think we were 4 down at half time. I left when they made it 5. One of the very few games where I've left early. 

And me 

insanely cold 

Paul McLaren red card first half .

also recall a brutally cold away game at Bolton when fat sam was their boss: we lost 2 nil and it was horrifically cold 

1 hour ago, doubleo said:

I was reminiscing in bed only the other day with the brother-in-law and we could remember going to school in short trousers, having got out of bed when there was ice on the INSIDE of the window frames.  🤪

I daren't ask what your sister OR your brother thought of your cozy reminiscence. 

See what I did there. I’m wide awoke this morning. 

I felt sorry for the lad who sells the programmes outside the North Stand/Leppings Lane turnstiles. 

Normally he is in a booth which will protect him from the worst of the weather, but today the booth had gone and he was left with a small table stacked with programmes & no cover.

When I asked him where his booth had gone, he said : 'Not allowed - too much snow apparently' 😧

Edited by Pete Zarhutt

10 hours ago, Austinowl said:

Blackpool in a midweek cup replay about ten years ago. We were 3 nil down after about 20 minutes and I said to my (now) wife that we could leave if they scored another. I think it stayed 3 nil. She sat in front of our fire for about 2 hours and was still cold, but then she is a southerner

I remember one against Blackpool, think it was -7 when I got back to the car. LDV Trophy northern section final, 1-0 down from the 1st leg, 2 - 0 down at Hillsborough after 31 mins, 25/02/2004 just had a look on 11 v 11.

2 hours ago, Ian said:

My Dons away, midweek a few years ago. The only time I’ve ever been colder was the season after at MK Dons away, midweek.

All before they filled the top tier in

I was there we were talking about that night after the game yesterday 

Home to Peterborough in Feb 2005 - there were snowflakes blowing under the roof on to the Kop, and I had a trip back to Harrogate (where I was working that week) on a train that only just made it back without breaking down in the snow. I looked like a yeti by the time I got back to the hotel...

I don't remember anything except the games (except that we won) apart from the Posh fans assembling a "FRY OUT" board in the first half, which had become "Y FRONT" by the second half...

https://www.skysports.com/football/sheffield-wednesday-vs-peterborough-united/teams/58180