The pitch

Shocked at how poor the pitch looked in areas today. Big patches in front of the South stand with barely any grass covering at all. 
just hope having to play on it every other week doesn’t become a real problem / excuse for us. We’ve been there before. 

No direct sunlight = poor grass

year after year, as we can’t afford to replace the south stand roof with transparent panels

Time to replace that side of the pitch with a strip of 3G astroturf. We can get away with that in league uno can’t we?

• Haha 1

On 27/11/2021 at 22:55, Albertowl said:

Shocked at how poor the pitch looked in areas today. Big patches in front of the South stand with barely any grass covering at all. 
just hope having to play on it every other week doesn’t become a real problem / excuse for us. We’ve been there before. 

Really ? Just had a load of rain  and then snow fall then frozen over night then had to be scraped clear of said snow. It looked bloody good to me to say what it had been through the previous 24hrs

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I never noticed it on Saturday but having just watched highlights pitch doesn't look great, especially on South stand side. 

Might need to get them electric light heaters out if we've still got them. 

On nearly every time I drive past at night.

• Like 1

My hat's off to anybody who can grow even a small patch of grass in England, never mind a full pitch, during the winter.  

Pitch didn't look too bad on iFollow,  the weather did though.  I raise a glass to those whom endured such weather, that's part of the game too.  To the best of my knowledge, there are no enclosed ( domed ) football stadia in England.

• Love 1

I’m not trying to have a go at the groundsman, and I’m no expert. But given everyone knew snow was forecast, should the pitch have been covered over night?(is that even an option these days)  And should the undersoil heating have helped? 

Edited by bigdan2003