On the North Stand

1 hour ago, YesWeCrann said:

Yes well done to the paramedics.

But maybe you could ask the club why the communication that something potentially serious happening relied on the crowd waving?

It doesn't bode well at all if something serious does happen.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, El Toro said:

Struggle to accept these idiots are fans.

Why? Were you there?

I was involved in a Wednesday on Wednesday scrap at Brentford a few years ago, after a bunch of racist b*stards were singing the "rather be a p*ki than a blade song" to a family of Asian Wednesday fans.

Who was the idiot here? The racists or us that stood up to them and then got involved in a scrap?

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, YesWeCrann said:

"The Owls were chasing the game at Hillsborough after an unlucky Callum Paterson own goal had put them behind when play was abruptly stopped by the referee following an incident in the North Stand."

No way was that an own goal in a million years chief. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Supersiggi2 said:

Not there then Joe? Response was embarrassing. 

Responders jogged across (eventually) like it was Fat Doris fainting at the WI summer picnic after a few too many Pimms. 

I presume you’ve never had any sort of first aid training.

One of the main things they teach you is not to rush to the event, to take your time (within reason obviously) and collect your thoughts before arriving

A sprinting idiot off owlstalk or a jogging competent medical professional? - i know who id rather have on their way if it was me or any of my family needing help

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Owls2k said:

"The Owls were chasing the game at Hillsborough after an unlucky Callum Paterson own goal had put them behind when play was abruptly stopped by the referee following an incident in the North Stand."

Have a look at it again.  The initial shot was aimed at the left hand of the goal and looked to be covered by BPF, if Paterson hadn’t headed into the right hand of the net. That wouldn’t have been a goal.  Own goal every day of the week.

11 hours ago, Owls2k said:

I know. The scoreboard said Vokes. Sky says Mehmeti. Whoever it was I'm not sure they knew much about it, but I don't think it was Patterson.

Just now, Sham67 said:

Have a look at it again.  The initial shot was aimed at the left hand of the goal and looked to be covered by BPF, if Paterson hadn’t headed into the right hand of the net. That wouldn’t have been a goal.  Own goal every day of the week.

I thought only shots which are going off target and are then deflected goalwards count as own goals?

I can only assume the trajectory of the shot was between the posts, hence it being credited to the Wycombe player.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Shot was on target so not an own goal

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Supersiggi2 said:

Not there then Joe? Response was embarrassing. 

Responders jogged across (eventually) like it was Fat Doris fainting at the WI summer picnic after a few too many Pimms. 

Wow, embarrassing post that. 

7 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

If a shot is on target and is deflected in it isn't an own goal. If it was going wide then you'd be right, but it wasn't, so you're not.

Just now, Owls2k said:

If a shot is on target and is deflected in it isn't an own goal. If it was going wide then you'd be right, but it wasn't, so you're not.

Not according to the rules these days.  All I know is that if Paterson hadn’t intervened, there wouldn’t have been a goal.  

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

Not according to the rules these days.  All I know is that if Paterson hadn’t intervened, there wouldn’t have been a goal.  

Yes according to the rules, that's how it's worked for years. Doesn't matter if it had've been a goal without his intervention or not. 

25 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Yes according to the rules, that's how it's worked for years. Doesn't matter if it had've been a goal without his intervention or not. 

Looks like we’ve had a misunderstanding.  Perhaps it would have been better if I’d written its not an own goal according to the rules these days.  Some of us are old enough to remember when that situation would have been given as an own goal.