Mendez-Laing

Daz

1 minute ago, Suzuki_San said:

He looks very tidy.  Direct, strong, a nice pass, speedy...if we play the rest of the season with him and Corbeanu as 1st choice wingers, we will do some damage.  

Agreed, and to be fair Shodipo had a decent game going forwards too.
We need to review our striking department, As Gregory and Kamberi seem very good at link up play and holding the ball up but don’t seem to be prolific.enough in front of goal.  So many times in recent games the ball has been played across the box and no one has got on the end of it. I hope we are looking at moving on Berahino and Sow in January and replacing them with a better option.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Agreed, and to be fair Shodipo had a decent game going forwards too.
We need to review our striking department, As Gregory and Kamberi seem very good at link up play and holding the ball up but don’t seem to be prolific.enough in front of goal.  So many times in recent games the ball has been played across the box and no one has got on the end of it. I hope we are looking at moving on Berahino and Sow in January and replacing them with a better option.  

Dare I say it ,they haven't got the Billy Sharp about them ,flat footed and not anticipating where the ball may land .

There are too many promising situations and half chances not being exploited imo 

That said I enjoyed watching the football today ,win lose or draw I can live with that kind of football 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, the monk said:

Dare I say it ,they haven't got the Billy Sharp about them ,flat footed and not anticipating where the ball may land .

There are too many promising situations and half chances not being exploited imo 

That said I enjoyed watching the football today ,win lose or draw I can live with that kind of football 

Yes that’s sadly true,  we need a piggy Sharp type striker in the squad. I think we set up today as 3412 with Windass roaming behind the front two, and we need a striker to add goals to the pool of Gregory and Kamberi.  As Berahino and Sow don’t appear to be up to it 

• Like 2

I was pleased with his debut. When the rumour about him first hit I was in the ‘why another winger?’ Camp. But he does seem to offer something different to our other winger. A bit more power along with the pace. I thought Hunt was top drawer today but it’s great to have a different option to come on after an hour or so. 

• Like 2