We need to tighten up...

A cobbled together back three containing only one experienced centre back, a promising. youngster and a ….er Peterson against the top club did very well.. 

Our defence is decimated by injury and illness. What did you really expect when you saw today’s team sheet. We will only tighten up when we have Iorfa, Palmer and Hutchinson back, and even then we need another left sided player in there. We had 18 shots today and should have won that with a bit more ruthlessness in attack.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
15 minutes ago, We are all Wednesday said:

...we can’t be expecting to win games by scoring 3, 4 goals. I know we’re short on numbers at the back but I think it’s time to consider a back four. We have the quality in this league and are scoring the goals but we’re letting way too many in...

No! 

To be honest my worry is the forwards. We have a makeshift defence, which will get better when players return from injury and perhaps we’ll bring in a decent free/loan.

The forwards are wasteful, we should have been miles ahead against Accrington and not holding on, a better team would have punished us.

Not as bad today, however still not taking chances, if we can get defenders back and a bit more composure up front I think we can get in the top 2. 

Shabba.

Edited by Joe Jockstrap
  • Like 2

Just now, Suzuki_San said:

If Palmer was playing today, let's be honest....we win this game.  Fine lines, I'm not too bothered about it.  We can't plan for Palmer's wife getting COVID!  

Yes when you think that Iorfa, Hutch & Palmer could easily have been considered as our first choice defence and they are all absent, its no surprise we are going to concede goals with a forward playing in the back line.  Let's hope that we are working on having a centre back arrive at start of January, if not sooner

• Like 3

I'd much rather watch us play like we have been doing. We also restricted them to 2 shots on target all game which both resulted in the goals. If we keep playing like the last 3 games, I think we'll be up and around the top 2 come the end of the season. 

• Like 4