Todays line up

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You give Darren Moore more for players he find a way to Fack it up where is Palmer and Corbeanu.

Paterson is truly awful. That midfield won't get a touch against Wycombe, were is FDB or Byers

I just don't get the wholesale changes to a winning team

Paterson is an important utility player, a good one to have in the squad for a lot of reasons.

we’ll win today, hit some momentum and key players are back

18 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

Where in the blue hell is Theo? If he’s not injured I’ll be fuming!!

OTH I'd rather him not be injured. Can't be too bad as he's on the bench. Got to admit so many of Moore's team selections and substitutions tend to be baffling an at least Theo is a good one to bring on later if needed.

• Like 1

In another thread there’s a comment that Big Ron was a genius for putting on an extra attacking player if a man got sent off.

Doesn’t seem fair if DM isn’t given the same benefit of the doubt. I’d rather see how we are at half-time before judging too much.

4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s like people expect players to play every match regardless of fatigue or other external factors that come into play 

Palmers wife has covid so I’m guessing he’s isolating 

Theo is a 19 year old and has just played a flurry of 90 minutes for us, having not played any senior football before joining us 

It’s a long season and these things come into play 

Theo will be on the pitch soon enough,

we have Windass and Luongo back on the pitch which is absolutely crucial, but people still will moan 

I’m an old fart mate. I remember when players could play twice a week.

Didnt know about Palmer, so that’s understandable and explains some of the changes.

Be nice if the club explained it though. DM getting stick for something that’s not his fault

8 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s like people expect players to play every match regardless of fatigue or other external factors that come into play 

Palmers wife has covid so I’m guessing he’s isolating 

Theo is a 19 year old and has just played a flurry of 90 minutes for us, having not played any senior football before joining us 

It’s a long season and these things come into play 

Theo will be on the pitch soon enough,

we have Windass and Luongo back on the pitch which is absolutely crucial, but people still will moan 

You're using far too much logic and reason here for some people. Corbeanu will get 30 minutes today, a smart game to rest him in after consecutive 90-minute appearances. Palmer can't take part. So really the only one that's off piste is FDB. People can't wait to get the sticks out these days. One loss in 13 or something.

Everyone needs to chill the f*ck out lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Likely the conditions and injuries/illness influencing factors. Maybe a bit of fatigue for a couple. I understand the clamour for Corbeanu but he was quiet until late on on Tuesday. Managing workload/exposure responsibly of young players is important. Great to have him up our sleeve for later on when tireness sets in and the game opens up.

9 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I’m an old fart mate. I remember when players could play twice a week.

Didnt know about Palmer, so that’s understandable and explains some of the changes.

Be nice if the club explained it though. DM getting stick for something that’s not his fault

Why would club mention before announcing side?  Am sure it will be covered post game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Likely the conditions and injuries/illness influencing factors. Maybe a bit of fatigue for a couple. I understand the clamour for Corbeanu but he was quiet until late on on Tuesday. Managing workload/exposure responsibly of young players is important. Great to have him up our sleeve for later on when tireness sets in and the game opens up.

Not to mention we don't have Palmer fit to cover him on that side, would fear defensively having corbeneu and Paterson on left hand side of defence.

Can't please everyone, plenty kicking off re FDB not starting when a few days ago windass did really well in that attacking midfield role when we turned game around vs mk Dons.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You give Darren Moore more for players he find a way to Fack it up where is Palmer and Corbeanu.

Paterson is truly awful. That midfield won't get a touch against Wycombe, were is FDB or Byers

I just don't get the wholesale changes to a winning team

Palmers wife has Covid clearly can't play.

Corbeneau is getting a rest, will probably come on in second half.

Paterson is useful against a very physical forward line.

1 minute ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Palmers wife has Covid clearly can't play.

Corbeneau is getting a rest, will probably come on in second half.

Paterson is useful against a very physical forward line.

Paterson has been vital in wins this year Vs likes of Rotherham and Wigan who play direct 

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl