WEDNESDAY V WYCOMBE - omdt

4 minutes ago, horny owl said:

I remember after the playoff final against Hull we needed 1 or 2 signings to bolster the squad to get us to the premier league the season after

we’re now playing league 1 football because our recruitment is laughable and with Moore in charge I fear the worst.

please, please, please wednesday shock us all and get it right this time for once.

I don't get the criticism of Moore's recruitment. A lot of this current squad came here because of him. 

In League 1, you're always going to attract a lower caliber than before but he's done well and we have some good players in there.

Adeniran has been great and is definitely one for the future, Gregory is on brilliant form, Corbeanu is a class above, BPF with a couple of exceptions has been unstoppable. 

Sow and Berahino are admittedly strange signings, but you can't get it right all the time. 

I'd say this is the best window we've had since we got Forestieri and Co in.

• Like 4

Last couple of performances have been excellent, particularly having to come from behind against 2 of the better teams in the league. We've shown energy, been on the front foot and created a hatful of chances. At long last you can see the workrate and a pattern and playing like this some team soon is going to get a hammering.

We have a deep squad at this level and ML looked like a real threat. 

We deserved to win today but the disappointment in not getting 3 points is more than masked by the way we are playing. 

• Like 3

Good game in difficult conditions.

We played some great stuff!

A lot more positives than negatives for us today.......

I personally thought that everyone did well again and that we were by far the better side.

A dubious free kick decision cost us all three points, but if we continue to perform like this, we will be fine.

NML looked excellent when he came on, strong with electric pace.

Valuable minutes gained for Windass and Luongo, who are key players.

Jack Hunt ran himself into the ground and Patterson, Brennan and Dunkley gave everything to the cause too, all were strong and brave.

Kamberi showed some great touches and was a real handful throughout.

Wycombe were very, very fortunate to get anything today, IMO.

Well done Wednesday.

Well done Darren Moore!

👍👍

UTO.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Hawkguy said:

How was Corbeanu after coming on? 

He didn't see a lot of the ball as most of our attacks were going down the right wing. He had one shot the keeper did well to hold on to. He's a good young player. To be fair, Shodipo had his best game for us today too.

• Like 1

Reyt...just got back. 

Firstly, I enjoyed that match today. It is League One, so you're not going to see the greatest football on the planet, but that was far more entertaining than some of the utter bilge we've served up in recent times. 

Positives: 

- We could/should have won really. Created plenty of chances and were the better team for the vast majority of the game. They can count themselves lucky to have picked up a point, but that's how it goes sometimes. 

- Thought Dunkley and Brennan were both excellent. The latter looks like a decent prospect and I see no reason not to keep playing him. 

- That was the best performance by Jack Hunt since he came back. He absolutely had their fullback on toast, particularly in the first half. More of the same please, Jack. 

- Bannan and Luongo is as good a midfield pairing as you will get at this level. Took Bannan a bit of time to grow into the game and there was some of the usual frustrations, but once he gets going most teams struggle to deal with him. His footballing ability is on a different level to most League One players. Mass just adds steel and control into midfield - we must keep him fit! 

- Thought Mendez Laing looked decent on his debut. 

- Another goal for Windass. Like Bannan, he's a talented player who can frustrate at times, but he's a very good player at this level. 

- Kamberi and Gregory are a handful and had some decent moments...but there are a few issues there. 

Negatives:

- The performances have gone up a few levels in recent weeks, but we are still not clinical enough in both boxes for me. We are playing well enough to dominate games and win them comfortably and yet it often feels like we have to work doubly hard for our goals when compared with the opposition. 

- Further to the above point, though we largely controlled the game, we still have a knack of giving away daft chances and goals. Their first goal was a joke today and Patterson shouldn't have given away a freekick in such a dangerous area, though one has to accept he is a makeshift centre back, doing a job. Still - I think the keeper has got to be doing better with that, even though it was a good strike. Also worth remembering that Sam Vokes missed an absolute sitter in the first half too. We have got to cut out these defensive errors. They're undercutting a lot of the good work we are doing now. 

- And further to the top point, we are a still a bit powderpuff in front of goal for me. Lack of anticipation when we are zipping balls across the box from both Gregory and Kamberi today. Some so-so finishing when we had decent opportunities too. 

- He didn't have much to do today, but I'm not sold on this keeper at all. He looks meh on crosses and there was a moment in the second half where he came running out and appeared to clatter one of their players. Let's be honest, he wasn't all that when he was been kept busy at the start of the season and now we are hoping he will remain switched on for 90 minutes when he may not have much to do. 

We do look a much better side than we did a few months ago and we don't lose many...but we've got to stop turning wins into draws. We've taken 7 points this week, which is a good haul, but it so easily could have been only 3 points when you think about it. 

Oh, and Wycombe - thanks for the promotion in 2012 - but what an utter bobbins football team they are. Time wasting, hoofball merchants from the first whistle to the last. Gareth Ainsworth stood their on the sidelines looking like a man having a mid-life crisis (bet he's bought a sport car recently). They celebrated at the end like they'd won promotion. 

• Like 5

Good performance today, we were just unlucky.

Lucky deflection, unstoppable free kick and yet another stonewall penalty not given.

If we play like that the rest of the season we can win this league.

It's definitely coming together and ML looked a real threat. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BadBoy1762 said:

Bugger😤...... but what a change, yes it was a draw but we are all over them!! They did everything we were asking for....they kept on attacking and left everything out on the pitch... bloody hell I even had a smile on my face for a while (for a change). Carry on like this and we will be up there 🤞🔵⚪🔵

Well said.  Missing another key defender today.  Up against a team that beat Plymouth 3-0 away during the week and who would have gone top had they beat us.  A goal behind.  Now that the initial disappointment at not getting the three points has subsided, I'm just pleased at how refreshing it is be coming away from that scenario thinking that the opposition were lucky to get a point.  Fair play to the players, manager, and backroom staff.

• Like 1

Four points from these 2 tough looking home games is a decent haul. 2 decent performances too. I think we’re going in the right direction. Next 2 away games look tough particularly Portsmouth but I’m quietly confident. Oh and it does look like it went over the line.

00418CB2-C2DB-4EAF-A2A8-8A9631F3F22E.png