Abba - The Voyage

Utah Owl

Anyone else got it yet?

Opinions?

Personally I love it, a more mature album certainly but definitely Abba. It's like they literally turned the clock back 40 years and picked up where "The Visitors" left off.

Glad they came back.

9/10

• Like 1

Stuck with having to listen to radio 2 in the lorry and the music is so insipid. They've been continually playing the single from the album "Just a Notion" and if this is a gauge of their other stuff we haven't been missing much. Can't help wondering why they have come back tbh unless they're skint.

• Haha 1

It is highly unlikely they are in it for the money.

Benny and Bjorn, as song-writers, are worth a ridiculous amount of money who quite literally earn royalties as they sleep.

Anna-Frida quietly retired in the mid-80's and married a prince.

Agnetha has had personal struggles but has always attempted to live in seclusion.

Just music so all down to personal taste. I've always liked Abba so for me it's just a great addition to their collection.

Anyway my new Deep Purple album just arrived so you can expect me to be commenting on that over the next couple of days.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Just music so all down to personal taste. I've always liked Abba so for me it's just a great addition to their collection.

Anyway my new Deep Purple album just arrived so you can expect me to be commenting on that over the next couple of days.

Now you're talking 👍

In fairness Utah l owe you an apology. You're right music is a personal taste and l was wrong to have a pop at Abba. What riles me at the moment though is the sheer banality of today's "pop music". As l mentioned l drive a lorry which doesn't provide me with the luxury of DAB radio n lm stuck with listening to radio 2 . Now don't get me wrong radio 2 daytime has never been cutting edge but listening to it these days has become a real rinse n repeat exercise. I can count on one hand the number of guitar / rock songs played over a ten hour period on any given day. I'm fed up of being fed a diet of Steps, Kylie, Rod Stewart and Ed Sheeran etc n then along come the resurrected Abba. Just the icing on the cake for me mate. Anyhow lve made myself some playlists from Prime music now and lve only got myself to blame if summat crap comes on. Enjoy your Abba n Deep Purple pal.

5 hours ago, Justbeanz said:

In fairness Utah l owe you an apology. You're right music is a personal taste and l was wrong to have a pop at Abba. What riles me at the moment though is the sheer banality of today's "pop music". As l mentioned l drive a lorry which doesn't provide me with the luxury of DAB radio n lm stuck with listening to radio 2 . Now don't get me wrong radio 2 daytime has never been cutting edge but listening to it these days has become a real rinse n repeat exercise. I can count on one hand the number of guitar / rock songs played over a ten hour period on any given day. I'm fed up of being fed a diet of Steps, Kylie, Rod Stewart and Ed Sheeran etc n then along come the resurrected Abba. Just the icing on the cake for me mate. Anyhow lve made myself some playlists from Prime music now and lve only got myself to blame if summat crap comes on. Enjoy your Abba n Deep Purple pal.

You need an ipod/MP3 player in the truck with Purple, Zeppelin, Heep, Rush, Lizzy and Maiden etc. on! I've got over 13k tracks on mine covering all genres (except Rap which I can't stand).

2 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

You need an ipod/MP3 player in the truck with Purple, Zeppelin, Heep, Rush, Lizzy and Maiden etc. on! I've got over 13k tracks on mine covering all genres (except Rap which I can't stand).

I've got an iPod with my indie n Northern soul on but unfortunately l can't add to it anymore cos the softwares had it. Great suggestions though. Can't beat some good old rock 👍