Sam Hutchinson availability

3 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Seems the rumour mongers with stories about Sam and DM alleged fallout were wrong yet again. He was sidelined due to injury nothing else...

No statement from the club about the diagnosis. Not going to be involved until New Year at the earliest. Is this the 3rd manager to ostracise Hutch ?

Achilles is either biggest or strongest muscle in the body. Can't remember which. But I surprised its not a knee problem. 

The secrecy / strange way the injury has been communicated has baffled me. I just can't think of anything that is gained from how DM / swfc have handled this. 

All I can think is he had a move lined up and Wednesday wanted to keep our options open for as long as possible. But I can't see a move for hutch suiting anyone. 

Definitely something else going on. Don't think it's anything like the sinister suggestions I have read. 

Has iorfa injury been confirmed. Is it has Achilles again? 

4 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Seems the rumour mongers with stories about Sam and DM alleged fallout were wrong yet again. He was sidelined due to injury nothing else...

i know this is rubbish too , sam said 2 week before he got injured how he is enjoying working for darren moore more than at any time during his career. the iorfa one though i think something did happen between the player and manager ,but ive no idea if he was blaming the manager for why his hip got injured or not or they had works regards tactics/playing ball out etc but how can some of us got to know he was out possibly for season well before general public? 

3 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Not really. He was limping through the first half against Bolton and was subbed off at half time. Everyone thought his and Gibson substitution at HT in that match was tactical but Moore confirmed in his post match press conference it was for injury reasons not tactical.

he should never have been played in midfield or ever again dont darren know his history? . he resigned in jan and didnt miss a game last season in defence . play him in midfield and be lucky to get 10-15 games a season out of him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Achilles is either biggest or strongest muscle in the body. Can't remember which. But I surprised its not a knee problem. 

The secrecy / strange way the injury has been communicated has baffled me. I just can't think of anything that is gained from how DM / swfc have handled this. 

All I can think is he had a move lined up and Wednesday wanted to keep our options open for as long as possible. But I can't see a move for hutch suiting anyone. 

Definitely something else going on. Don't think it's anything like the sinister suggestions I have read. 

Has iorfa injury been confirmed. Is it has Achilles again? 

Trying to make sense of this has put me out for 2-3 weeks.

1 hour ago, Otley Owl said:

Trying to make sense of this has put me out for 2-3 weeks.

My grammar in the post is as baffling as the way Wednesday has handled the hutch injury communication. 

On the Wednesday injury timetable 2 to 3 weeks is in the real world half the season. 

Watch this space - the  player new injury excuse. Social media. When either thumbs have ligament damage or players feelings that hurt from 4 out of 10 ratings on fan forums. Requiring a definite 3 to 4 weeks recovery period. 

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Depending on the type of work, some people need several weeks off work after an Achilles tendon tear (rupture); the time taken to return to sport is between 4 and 12 months.

Generally, the outlook is good. However, the tendon does take time to heal, usually about six to eight weeks.

I imagine it’s something like Achilles tendonitis, which makes sense. 

DM mentioned about hard pitches exacerbating it and that adds up. It’s also something that’s difficult to manage because it can feel like it’s getting better then flare up again out of nowhere. 

Not that this counts for anything at all, purely anecdotal, but he walked past me on the footbridge as I went in (slightly late) to the MK Dons game, headed away from the ground. Was walking completely normally as far as I could see. Had dugout gear on, legging-type things and the big 3/4 length Wednesday coat and that. Not saying owt about it, just that he was around the place.

Edited by Mr. Tom