Sam Hutchinson availability

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeh true

Wonder why they've not said what it is?
Surely it will be his knee again?

Do you think it’s a ‘frozen out’ job again rather than an injury?

Hutch has a history of both so it could easily be either. I’m choosing the injured line, in part because of what Moore said and my (probably naive) hope that we have moved beyond such nonsense now. 

See a few are jumping on the bandwagon to wage their s£&t stick at Sam because he’s injured first time on god knows how long and let’s not ignore the fact we’ve half a team out injured too 

Sam Hutchinson is a big player for us big personality strong enforcer and experienced we need him 

I’m convinced that the modern way of thinking today is if any player picks up an injury they should never be signed by anyone again despite how valuable or what contribution they make to the team

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No - just think it's weird how it's been announced/handled
Not much in the way of specifics or details at all?

Fair point. It is all a bit odd, but I would think it would be harder to keep a lid on him being frozen out than anything else. No doubt time will reveal all. More than anything it’s frustrating he’s not playing because we could really do with him. We’ve done well in the last few games but some tough tests lie ahead and Hutch when fit is a very valuable player for us. 

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not really. He was limping through the first half against Bolton and was subbed off at half time. Everyone thought his and Gibson substitution at HT in that match was tactical but Moore confirmed in his post match press conference it was for injury reasons not tactical.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Darren Moore said before the Wimbledon game he had a Achilles/muscle problem. 

I always thought these injuries took 6 to 10 weeks to heel properly but could be wrong. 

55 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Fair point. It is all a bit odd, but I would think it would be harder to keep a lid on him being frozen out than anything else. No doubt time will reveal all. More than anything it’s frustrating he’s not playing because we could really do with him. We’ve done well in the last few games but some tough tests lie ahead and Hutch when fit is a very valuable player for us. 

Fair enough. We'll not fall out over it 👍

• Like 1

Depending on the type of work, some people need several weeks off work after an Achilles tendon tear (rupture); the time taken to return to sport is between 4 and 12 months.

Generally, the outlook is good. However, the tendon does take time to heal, usually about six to eight weeks.

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Depending on the type of work, some people need several weeks off work after an Achilles tendon tear (rupture); the time taken to return to sport is between 4 and 12 months.

Generally, the outlook is good. However, the tendon does take time to heal, usually about six to eight weeks.

Or 6 months at Wednesday