Sam Hutchinson availability

Basically we’ve broken Sam again by playing him in a position his body couldn’t handle. I’m sure there would have been niggles if he stayed in defence but playing him in midfield has ended up here. I personally don’t really believe any falling out would keep an essential player out of the team for this many months. It just seems too childish. Anyway, we are where we are and now all eyes will be on the Jan window again hoping for a seasoned centre back or two. 

• Like 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

What injury does he have that would keep him out this long?

Could be any number of things or indeed a combination. He definitely got injured as we saw him limping around. The bloke actually retired from football in 2010 because of his knee problems so it could very well be that. 

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Basically we’ve broken Sam again by playing him in a position his body couldn’t handle. I’m sure there would have been niggles if he stayed in defence but playing him in midfield has ended up here. I personally don’t really believe any falling out would keep an essential player out of the team for this many months. It just seems too childish. Anyway, we are where we are and now all eyes will be on the Jan window again hoping for a seasoned centre back or two. 

Big assumption that. Iorfa is in his second long spell of injury within a year whilst playing in defence. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Could be any number of things or indeed a combination. He definitely got injured as we saw him limping around. The bloke actually retired from football in 2010 because of his knee problems so it could very well be that. 

12 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Absolute anything to do with the knee, which I seem to remember his are made of bonfire toffee.

Yeh true

Wonder why they've not said what it is?
Surely it will be his knee again?

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Big assumption that. Iorfa is in his second long spell of injury within a year whilst playing in defence. 

Fair comment. But it’s how I see it. Players get injured in any position but there is definitely more strain on a players body in that DM role, particularly how Hutch plays it. 

• Like 1