Womens football

owler66

On 01/12/2021 at 13:52, Tommy Crawshaw said:

From the Guardians match report.

"Shortly after the restart and White had a hat-trick of her own and was level with Gary Lineker and Harry Kane on 48 England goals and five shy of Wayne Rooney’s record tally of 53".

Unbelieveable they are putting her on the same level as Lineker, Rooney and Kane.

lol

You’re right mate, Lineker was shitee

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, darra said:

Watched some of the FA cup final Arsenal never turned up. Poor game one of the highlights being the Chelsea keeper getting cramp. Quality goal for Chelsea's third being another.

How funny was that. Dived for a cross when there were no Arsenal players anywhere near the ball, missed it by miles then got cramp even though she'd hardly been involved in the game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sam Kerr was right to barge the idiot who ran onto the pitch. Male players have done far worse to pitch invaders, Schmeichel and Kahn beat the crap out of them. And given what happened to Kirkland, I can't blame any footballer for being a bit twitchy.

Incidentally, some trivia: Villa's women have a goalkeeping coach called Tom Pressman. You might have heard of his dad.

On 01/12/2021 at 11:39, SiJ said:

Goalkeeping is a real issue.

Yes, you of course get women who are 6ft plus tall, but the average height is well below that and full size goals are eight feet in height.

I saw a clip from the game last night and the Latvia keeper was 5ft 5 at most. You wouldn't have a 5ft 5 male keeper, would you? Heck, in the men's game a 6ft keeper is deemed small!

Pretty sure the Chelsea women's manager, Emma Hayes, said the goal size should be reduced. 

As a woman, and a former keeper, I agree. The goals are too big based on the average height of women compared to average height of men. 

I fear it’d never though due to the fear of undermining the aim of trying to match the men’s game.  

On 12/12/2021 at 22:58, FightLikeAGirl said:

Sam Kerr was right to barge the idiot who ran onto the pitch. Male players have done far worse to pitch invaders, Schmeichel and Kahn beat the crap out of them. And given what happened to Kirkland, I can't blame any footballer for being a bit twitchy.

Incidentally, some trivia: Villa's women have a goalkeeping coach called Tom Pressman. You might have heard of his dad.

Howard?

• Haha 1

On 12/12/2021 at 22:58, FightLikeAGirl said:

Is it Lloyd? Him from through the keyhole?

• Haha 1

On 13/12/2021 at 18:39, FlyingOwl said:

As a woman, and a former keeper, I agree. The goals are too big based on the average height of women compared to average height of men. 

I fear it’d never though due to the fear of undermining the aim of trying to match the men’s game.  

If they reduce the size of the goals wouldn't it follow that they should reduce the size of the pitch as well?

One of first things you notice watching women's games on TV after you are used to watching mens is the pitch looks too big for women, look like school kids.

I guess that would take it too far away from being 'Football'.

51 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

If they reduce the size of the goals wouldn't it follow that they should reduce the size of the pitch as well?

One of first things you notice watching women's games on TV after you are used to watching mens is the pitch looks too big for women, look like school kids.

I guess that would take it too far away from being 'Football'.

It would be a good move to employ the above suggestions but you just know that as soon as it was even suggested by the powers that be it would be branded sexist and dropped.

On 01/12/2021 at 05:52, Tommy Crawshaw said:

From the Guardians match report.

"Shortly after the restart and White had a hat-trick of her own and was level with Gary Lineker and Harry Kane on 48 England goals and five shy of Wayne Rooney’s record tally of 53".

Unbelieveable they are putting her on the same level as Lineker, Rooney and Kane.

lol

Thats the Guardian for you, muppet show.