Womens football

owler66

Watching the game between England and Austria at the stadium of light. The pitch looks bad lots of bare patches. More like an end of season pitch than one that's had a handful.of games played on it

Is women’s football getting more popular ?

I don’t think it will do with men, so it would be interesting to see what the data shows. 

Do women watch more men’s football than they do women’s football ?   Or the same etc 

It feels (from a male point of view) that it’s not really gaining more interest organically… there’s also probably people that just want it to grow to make money off it. 

11 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

20-0 yrs, TWENTY- NIL!!!!

what's the bloody point?

The thing is, in men’s football if one team is absolutely hammering the others at half-time, they usually take their foot off the gas and the second half just becomes a bore-fest of keep-ball. At least the women keep putting the effort in to try and score right up until the end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tea Baggins said:

20-0 yrs, TWENTY- NIL!!!!

what's the bloody point?

It doesn't do the womens game any favours with these crazy score lines.

I think they should be allowed to have male goalkeepers. Then again there wouldn't be any goals scored if they had a half decent male keeper in goal,

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, darra said:

I had a look at the stats. Latvia didn't have a single shot at the goal on or off target 14% possession.

Did you see the England stats? 64 shots, 31 on target. Considering stoppages for the 20 shots that went in, that’s probably close to a shot on goal every minute. What an absolute waste of time for all involved

• Like 3