Blunts appoint Heckingbottom as manager

Well you can at least say they have a plan. Clear out the deadwood and develop the youth.

It's worked at other clubs before (Southampton) and they do have a decent track record of finding and developing young talent.

Why it's all come about is that courtesy of Cwissy they no longer have a pot to pee in and it sounds very much like Jokanovic didn't want to go down that route so effectively said "back me or sack me". Looked at it from that point of view Heckingbottom seems a logical choice but as always in football it's down to whether or not it works.

Whatever happens it's going to be an interesting period. In a year or so's time we'll be either rolling around laughing or thinking bloody hell, how on earth did they get away with it? Who knows?

As an aside, the body language was interesting, a lot of avoiding direct eye-contact with the questioner, looking down and (in PH's case) folded arms, all of which are signs of being very much on the defensive. Can't help but wonder if Slav was knifed in the back!

I stuck with it as long as I could.

I started to lose interest after the 98th use of the word ‘strategic’.

I realised it was misguided USA speak talk, with loads of words saying nothing & finally called it a day when he said “United fans are smart fans”. 

GOODBYE.

25 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

United World Group. FML. Hahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. World Group lol

That's so funny. I've nearly wet myself. 

It's very weird - he said it with a straight face.

Does anyone really know of, or care about the pigs outside of Heeley?

5 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Well you can at least say they have a plan. Clear out the deadwood and develop the youth.

It's worked at other clubs before (Southampton) and they do have a decent track record of finding and developing young talent.

Why it's all come about is that courtesy of Cwissy they no longer have a pot to pee in and it sounds very much like Jokanovic didn't want to go down that route so effectively said "back me or sack me". Looked at it from that point of view Heckingbottom seems a logical choice but as always in football it's down to whether or not it works.

Whatever happens it's going to be an interesting period. In a year or so's time we'll be either rolling around laughing or thinking bloody hell, how on earth did they get away with it? Who knows?

As an aside, the body language was interesting, a lot of avoiding direct eye-contact with the questioner, looking down and (in PH's case) folded arms, all of which are signs of being very much on the defensive. Can't help but wonder if Slav was knifed in the back!

I think you’re living in the past a bit mate. Isn’t 28yo Harry Maguire the last decent player their academy produced?

“I’d like to welcome y’all to the United Whole world United corporation, I’m the chief acting CEO & corporate Vice President of this Globally world recognised & acclaimed market leader in its field”

“Coming from the US of A I obviously know diddly squat about soccerbawl and thad offside bullshite is out the window so far as I’m concerned. I’m in talks with the EF of L to get it scrapped. How you gonna get a first down with that sort a horse crap on the go.

Anyhow y’all, the Sheffield Red Devil’s of Manchester are undergoing a strategic review of corporate strategy, that you limey inbreeds form little ole Manchester won’t understand, so you won’t like me, I won’t like you, but y’all can jump in the Mississippi for all I care.

Err Mr Chairman, can I have a quick word..

Pssst Pssst.

Wahd the feck, what kinda horse crap you tellin me.  Ya mean this ain’t the Bobby Charlton United Red Devil’s.

Well who the goddam mother fu*****n in Gods name are these bunch of clowns.

SHEFFIELD United Sir. Not MANCHESTER United. Well known in China.

SIR, SIR, SIR stop, come back.

18 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Just taking shoes off in car park now....oh wait a minute...putting em back on...snowing on their trotters..

It's a shame they didn't get Brian down, he's good at shovelling snow. I can see him doing it from my window

Edited by Austinowl