Blunts appoint Heckingbottom as manager

9 hours ago, steelowl said:

feel no sympathy for those on the other side who've had a laugh at our owner and financial predicament what goes around comes around 

how you end up in debt after the sky handouts beggars belief 

Signings like Mcburnie and Brewster spring to mind, makes Rhodes look like the bargain of the century lol

• Like 1

Just had a quick listen to the press conference.

WOW

I've never seen anything like it EVER.

They are in serious trouble it was like a hybrid Dave Allen / Chansiri masterclass of ineptness. 

They've got no money, going to sell anyone they can....but they have a "Strategic Plan" lol 

Very strange interview and appointment.

Looks to me like the owner is not putting anymore cash into the club. The club will have to fund itself, this means selling who they can and offloading the high earners that they can.

Wonder if they told Jokanavitch this and he told them to do one, hence why they haven't come out with the usual thank you platitudes when a manager leaves.

Fingers crossed.

Not being funny, but I could have sworn he's already been there manager.

Has he been caretaker manager or something in the past?

If he's managed to get anything longer than a 6 month contract he's absolutely rinsed them. If he lasts a year I'll be stunned. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Very strange interview and appointment.

Looks to me like the owner is not putting anymore cash into the club. The club will have to fund itself, this means selling who they can and offloading the high earners that they can.

Wonder if they told Jokanavitch this and he told them to do one, hence why they haven't come out with the usual thank you platitudes when a manager leaves.

Fingers crossed.

How are they going to offload 5touches, mcbinman and the iceberg?.......oh yes at a massive loss and probably by subsidising their wages.....very strategic!