Blunts appoint Heckingbottom as manager

there in dire straights . 85 million debts , several players on big money wages with big transfer fees stuck with them like we were , and also took 3 years of premier league parachute payments all this season,. there skint and have gone for a cheap replacement . they might not get relegated to league 1 but they wont be anywhere near the top 10 in the championship for a very long time . so funny how things can turn from them on such a high to them on an aircraft what is crash landing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, morganowl said:

there in dire straights . 85 million debts , several players on big money wages with big transfer fees stuck with them like we were , and also took 3 years of premier league parachute payments all this season,. there skint and have gone for a cheap replacement . they might not get relegated to league 1 but they wont be anywhere near the top 10 in the championship for a very long time . so funny how things can turn from them on such a high to them on an aircraft what is crash landing. 

How have they managed to take 3 years parachute payments in a single season?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Guest 1banana2banana
6 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Held a shoes off protest outside FA building 👞 

7 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Just asked a pig mate about this and he says they've haven't received 3 years worth, but they've already budgeted for them on outstanding fees and contracts etc. Basically all the money (for all 3 years) has already been accounted for, so won't be used to buy new players. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, morganowl said:

Hope Mr. C learns from their mistakes and navigates a better route as we get promotion(s). My hope is to reach the PL and stay there. UTO 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Just asked a pig mate about this and he says they've haven't received 3 years worth, but they've already budgeted for them on outstanding fees and contracts etc. Basically all the money (for all 3 years) has already been accounted for, so won't be used to buy new players. 

He's pretty close with that.

What I've heard is that they have taken out loans against the future parachute payments and they used the money in their last PL season to fund signings, and extend existing contracts. How big the loans are versus the incoming payment I've no idea. I think that this was part of the clash between Wilder and the Board, as he wanted more money, and they refused. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

He's pretty close with that.

What I've heard is that they have taken out loans against the future parachute payments and they used the money in their last PL season to fund signings, and extend existing contracts. How big the loans are versus the incoming payment I've no idea. I think that this was part of the clash between Wilder and the Board, as he wanted more money, and they refused. 

Right, ta