Ciaran Brennan

So played 2, won both games, looks a good young player nearly scored last night but got rules out. Given his chance has taken it and hopefully will get a good run to cement a first team place.

How long as a club do we leave it until we tie him to a longer contract than the end of this season. Surely we should be learning from the mistakes of Hirst, Clare, Shaw, Urhoghide not to leave it till January before we even look at it.

It would be good to see him tied down to at least a two year deal like some of the other players, to give him a good 18 months to really develop into a first team asset.

• Like 3

Said the same last night to my L**ds supporting father in law. Need to see a young player being given a chance and taking it. Looks like he's played at this level for a few years, settled straight in and was unlucky to have one disallowed. 

• Like 2

Promising youngster. Looked nervous and played everything very safely first half.

Grew in confidence later and started to make some forward passes and runs. 
Need to see more of him. Will be interesting to see how he copes against a more physical , schooled in the dark arts type of football Wycombe will deploy against us on Saturday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Wycombe will hoof it towards vokes so need to ensure we watch out for that. They are a big side . Re Brennan looked good , early days but settled in fine

This

I wouldn't be surprised if they play Akinfenwa alongside Vokes, with Parrot on the bench. Two very physical forwards would be a real test for Brennan and Palmer and it will need Dunks to be outstanding again.

13 minutes ago, Albertowl said:

This

I wouldn't be surprised if they play Akinfenwa alongside Vokes, with Parrot on the bench. Two very physical forwards would be a real test for Brennan and Palmer and it will need Dunks to be outstanding again.

Are you thinking of the Parrot who’s on loan at mk dons?

12 hours ago, Blatter said:

Promising youngster. Looked nervous and played everything very safely first half.

Grew in confidence later and started to make some forward passes and runs. 
Need to see more of him. Will be interesting to see how he copes against a more physical , schooled in the dark arts type of football Wycombe will deploy against us on Saturday.

I wouldn't say he looked nervous, in fact the opposite. He looked very calm, but played cautiously in the first half. I think he did well. He definitely grew in confidence in the second half though. Get more games under his belt and I think he will be a cracking player.

As for Saturday, whilst I'd like to see him start, and wouldn't be surprised if he did, like you I wonder how he will cope with the more physical aspects of a team like Wycombe. Akinfenwa is hardly tall and about as quick as a sloth, but weighing in at almost the same as a 3 bed semi he's about as physical as it gets. He's an infectious character though, and I love his spirit, so that's not knocking him.