Most important week of our season?

Could the last 2 victories be season defining? 

Not just the performances, but the manner of the victory. After a bright start at Accrington, we all thought "here we go again" when they pulled it back to 3-2. But we stayed composed and claimed the win. 

Yesterday, by far the most confident, probing and dominant performance of the season but we couldn't get the break we needed, then a superb goal against the run of play. Usually that's a sucker punch and we crumble. Yesterday we kept at it, kept on top and fought for the result we throughly deserved. 

From a mentality point of view, surely the manner of those victories are healing some of those past scars?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vanderowlsterdam said:

Could the last 2 victories be season defining? 

Not just the performances, but the manner of the victory. After a bright start at Accrington, we all thought "here we go again" when they pulled it back to 3-2. But we stayed composed and claimed the win. 

Yesterday, by far the most confident, probing and dominant performance of the season but we couldn't get the break we needed, then a superb goal against the run of play. Usually that's a sucker punch and we crumble. Yesterday we kept at it, kept on top and fought for the result we throughly deserved. 

From a mentality point of view, surely the manner of those victories are healing some of those past scars?

I think the last couple of games will have done wonders to boost the confidence of the team and club as a whole. 

Hopefully this will lift some of the self pressure that I imagine players put themselves under. 

The attitude of the lads has been a lot more positive and the collective performances have improved with it.

8 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Dunno, I mean 2 or 3 bad results in a row in a tough schedule and we are all negative again. It's not like we've suddenly cracked it and will go on and on to better things. I'm sure there'll be bumps along the way and a few more important weeks. 

I agree, we haven't cracked it yet. But the last two results have put a stop to the rot, where we seemed weak mentally throwing away leads and not grinding out results when things aren't going our way.