Attendances

9 hours ago, Portia said:

The attendance was over 18,500. Looking at recent history this shows an increase on what we uses to get in league one, I can remember last time in league one and the time before getting  around 16k on a night match. Last night's attendance shows an increase of around 1.5k on the 11/12 season. Look at the attached screenshot, that match was on a Saturday... Chansiri has failed in many ways however he has grown our active fanbase, the stats back this up.

Screenshot_20211124-223311_Chrome.jpg

A good point and some good research there . Suppose also that was a Saturday at 3pm . Surely must be edited as it says Palmer scored though ? lol

I’d have said 10% fall in attendance on  midweek is pretty much to be expected. I live 100 miles from Hillsborough. I was in Sheffield anyway this week so no problem this Tuesday but normally it’s an absolute no midweek. I have ifollow and a VPN as well so watch 100% of games but would always rather be there. As has been said a lot of employees are getting up before 6am, so one in ten folks either living away, having other commitments or having to get up for work seems pretty reasonable to me. 
The thing that was more interesting was that you clearly don’t need a massive crowd for big atmosphere. 18k is basically a half empty stadium. But it didn’t feel like it! If we keep attacking and fighting to the death the crowd will respond. 

• Like 2

Attendances in EFL are well down for midweek games at most clubs. Blackburn for instance only got 9,000 last night.

It's not surprising really with most games available to watch on Sky or Ifollow. 

Edited by bradowl

11 hours ago, briggowl said:

I nearly went to MK Dons but decided £27 (Grandstand with my lad) is too much, particularly as I've been a bit bored watching so far this season. OK it was the wrong decision based on the performance but 2/3 performances like that I won't be able to resist. £29 v Wycombe!!?? Might go, might not!

On a side note I know more Wednesday fans who don't go to games regularly/never than I know regular/casual (4-5 per season) attenders.

Is this typical for everyone else? Maybe cos I've always lived around an hour away and they can't be bothered!? 

It’s the same in Sheffield. In my extended family of ten Wednesday fans, only two of us ever go to the games. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, steelowl said:

found this  googling to try and find the answer  Ipswich selling more than us a month ago 

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2021/october/town-top-ifollow-sales/

On top of that you have got the fire stick merchants also watching..so you will never know how many are watching on I follow..and to my reckoning people either go to games or they dont..for those who don’t go watching on tv is a bonus..if they cudnt watch it they wudnt be there anyway...it’s not an either or..in my humble opinion

• Like 2

On 25/11/2021 at 04:51, briggowl said:

I nearly went to MK Dons but decided £27 (Grandstand with my lad) is too much, particularly as I've been a bit bored watching so far this season. OK it was the wrong decision based on the performance but 2/3 performances like that I won't be able to resist. £29 v Wycombe!!?? Might go, might not!

On a side note I know more Wednesday fans who don't go to games regularly/never than I know regular/casual (4-5 per season) attenders.

Is this typical for everyone else? Maybe cos I've always lived around an hour away and they can't be bothered!? 

I would say this is correct, where I work there's loads of Wednesday fans but majority of them never or hardly ever go unless it's a really big game, play offs, promotion game like the Wycombe one or playing United. 

Funnily enough these always think that they are the experts on our team. :tango: 

Same can be said with SUFC because there's a lot of them at our place who rarely go. 

On 25/11/2021 at 04:51, briggowl said:

I think a lot of clubs have people who call themselves supporters but rarely if ever go to games.
 know a few people that are Wednesdayites that used to go but for one reason or another got out of the habit (Work, family, price are the main reasons).
Also you get people who are not really football fans but like to see they home town side dong well.

On 24/11/2021 at 11:55, TodwickOwl said:

Just over 18k last night, looking at the ground it looked to be even less to be honest - I’m surprised we didn’t hit 20k even with a poor following from MK Dons.

Will we see an increase in walk ups this weekend following the recent last few games, or are people tightening their belt for Xmas already? It would be nice to get some more through the door between now and Xmas, this is the exact time the club should be running some multi ticket discounts and encourage it. 

Atmosphere last night was class for the last 20, we really are the 12th man when it gets loud in Hillsborough - here’s hoping we can start to see numbers over 25k a game if we retain some form. 

Ill be there. My first game this season, coming over from Northern Ireland. Taking the boy to his first game! Lets hope we don't put him off. He was practicing his Barry Bannan song this morning and his Hi Ho, Sheffield Wednesday! 🙂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Daizan10 said:

Ill be there. My first game this season, coming over from Northern Ireland. Taking the boy to his first game! Lets hope we don't put him off. He was practicing his Barry Bannan song this morning and his Hi Ho, Sheffield Wednesday! 🙂

Get wrapped up - expecting snow and it's going to be around 2/3 degrees